Last year, Huawei took the wrap off the Nova 8 SE smartphone with a Dimensity processor and quad-rear cameras. Today, the company has unveiled a 2021 edition of the phone dubbed Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition after almost nine months. The major selling points of the smartphone are the in-house Kirin 710A SoC, triple rear cameras, and 40W fast charging.
The Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition comes with a new design as compared to the original Nova SE. The phone flaunts a triple rear camera system placed vertically. This is a significant change over the quad-camera system seen on the Nova 8 SE.
Under the hood, it is powered by the old in-house Kirin 710A octa-core chipset paired with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
It has a 6.6-inch LCD display with Full-HD+(1080 x 2400 pixels). It is a punch-hole panel with a narrow-bezel design. The display has 16.7 million colors and a 94% screen-to-body ratio.
As earlier stated, it has three cameras with a 48MP main sensor that comes with an f/1.8 aperture. It is accompanied by two 2MP lenses for macro and depth shots. The rear camera supports 6x digital zoom and has a 1080p video recording. On the front lies a 16MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0.
It is fueled by a 4,000mAh battery with support for 40W fast charging technology.
It is a 4G handset that comes with Bluetooth v5.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac support. It has a 3.5mm headphone jack and the speaker grille at the top, and a USB Type-C port at the bottom. The smartphone boots on EMUI 10.1 UI based on Android OS.
Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, July 28
- Status: Exp. release 2021, August 13
- Dimensions: 160.7 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm (6.33 x 2.89 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 179 g (6.31 oz)
- Colors: Black, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~89.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~399 ppi density)
- Android 10, EMUI 10.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Kirin 710A (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 40W, 60% in 15 min, 100% in 35 min (advertised)
Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition Price and Availability
The Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition is priced at CNY 1,899(~$292) for the only variant with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
It comes in two colors – Frost Silver and Magic Night Black. It will go up for sale on Huawei’s official website, Vmall, Jingdong, and other shopping portals in China.