Chinese tech giant vivo has now launched the vivo Y53s 5G in China. The Y53s is the latest offering in the highly popular and best-selling Y series. Its major highlight is the 5G connectivity it brings to the affordable smartphone.
Talking of the specifications, the vivo Y53s 5G is equipped with a 6.58-inch LCD screen with a waterdrop notch at the top which houses the front camera. The display comes with support for a 90Hz refresh rate.
The Y53s 5G is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor paired with 8GB of RAM. There is a sole 128GB storage option. The Snapdragon 480 was announced in January this year as the successor of the Snapdragon 460. It is an 8nm octa-core processor equipped with a Kryo 460 CPU and Adreno 619 GPU which bring improvements in efficiency and power management over its predecessor. The Snapdragon X51 5G modem integrated with the chip brings SA and NSA dual-mode 5G support as well as support for sub-6Ghz and mmWave networks.
In terms of the camera setup, the vivo Y53s features a dual-camera setup at the rear comprised of a 64MP main shooter. At the front, there is an 8MP shooter under the waterdrop notch for selfies. The phone supports face recognition and equally packs a side-mounted fingerprint sensor embedded with the power button.
The phone is kept on by a massive 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging over a USB-C port. The phone also arrives with the good old 3.4mm audio jack.
vivo Y53s 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, June 09
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 11
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.3 x 8.5 mm (6.46 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~84.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot:
- Main Camera: Dual
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.97″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
vivo Y53s 5G Price and Availability
The vivo Y53s 5G is priced at 1,699 yuan (~$265) for the 8GB RAM and 128GB storage model.
The device is presently up for pre-orders in China via Jingdong (JD.com). It is available in three colors: iridescent, sea salt, and starry night.