Transsion Holdings subsidiary Tecno has gained a towering reputation for itself in the Middle East, Indian, and African markets with its decently priced and durable offerings. The brand has over the years launched budget and mid-range smartphones as well as feature phones which have propelled it as a leading brand in these markets.
However, the brand is looking to expand its dragnet into the high-end market. To this end, it is relaunching the Phantom series as a separate sub-brand. The Tecno Phantom X has been launched as the first premium smartphone under the new sub-brand. The smartphone features several high-end features, including a powerful front and rear camera setup.
The Tecno Phantom X features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a FHD+ resolution and support for a 90Hz refreshrate. The display uses the 19.5:9 aspect ratio and is curved on the sides. The phone also has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and back panel for protection.
The Phantom X is powered by a MediaTek Helio G95 processor paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The device also adopts a vapor chamber cooling system attached to the chipset to keep it cooler up to 3-5Âº.
At the rear, the Tecno flagship packs a 50MP main camera with a large 1/1.3â€ sensor with 1.2Âµm native pixels that grow to 2.4Âµm with binning. The sensor utilizes Dual Pixel and Laser autofocus with an f/1.85 aperture.
The device also packs a 13MP telephoto lens while the third sensor os an 8MP ultrawide-angle lens. The device also packs a quad-LED flash. The device features a fingerprint reader embedded under the display and is touted to unlock the phone in 0.4 seconds.
For selfies, the Phantom X packs a dual camera setup embedded inside the dual punch-hole cut-out located at the left corner of the display. The selfie camera includes a 48MP main shooter and an 8MP ultrawide module with a 105Âº lens. The front camera even has a dual-LED flash.
The device packs a 4700mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging. Tecno says a 30 -minute charge will boost a flat battery up to 70%.
Tecno Phantom X Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2021, June 24
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 73.8 x 8.7 mm (6.44 x 2.91 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: g
- Build: Glass front, glass back (Gorilla Glass 5)
- Colors: Starry Night Blue, Monet Summer
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 90Hz
- Size: 6.7 inches, 110.2 cm2 (~91.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~385 ppi density)
- Android 11, HIOS 7.6
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card slot: Unspecified
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.3″, 1.2Âµm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF
- 13 MP, 50mm (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 8 MP, 120Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- Features: Quad-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 48 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm
- 8 MP, 105Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- Features: Dual-LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4700 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 70% in 30 min (advertised)
Tecno Phantom X Price and Availability
Tecno is yet to announce the pricing details of the Phantom X. The flagship is expected to be available next month.