Alongside the announcement of its 5G version, the Samsung Galaxy A22 4G version was also launched and Itâ€™s quite different from its sibling. In fact, the name suggests a far greater familiar connection than exists in reality.
This 4G version is powered by the older Helio G80 chipset. The base memory configuration is 4/64GB, with a 128GB option available, though this time the RAM selection is limited to 4GB and 6GB. And keep in mind that there is no microSD slot on this one.
The screen is different too, very different. It is a 6.4â€ Super AMOLED panel with 720p+ resolution. The one spec shared between the two is the 90Hz refresh rate. Even the notch has a different shape. And it holds a different camera too, a 13MP unit.
The rear cam features a 48MP sensor in the main module, this time with OIS. And the ultra wide-angle camera gets upgraded to an 8MP sensor. Thereâ€™s also a 2MP macro cam to keep the depth sensor company.
With different screens come different dimensions too. The A22 4G measures 159.3 x 73.6 x 8.4 mm and weighs 186g, the A22 5G is bigger, thicker and heavier at 167.2 x 76.4 x 9.0mm and 203g. There are four colors available: Black, White, Mint and Violet.
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, June 03
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 73.6 x 8.4 mm (6.27 x 2.90 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, White, Mint, Violet
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 90Hz
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~84.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~274 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz & 6×1.8 GHz)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G Price and Availability
The price and availability of the Galaxy A22 4G is still unknown.