OnePlus has added a new smartphone to its Nord line called the OnePlus Nord CE 5G. The new smartphone is a lower version of the first Nord smartphone but also comes with a few upgrades and a more affordable price tag.
The OnePlus Nord CE features a 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED display with a hole at the top left corner for the front-facing camera. The screen has a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 90Hz refresh rate but there is no mention of HDR10. Under the hood is the Snapdragon 750G processor and it is paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
There are three cameras on the rear â€“ a 64MP main sensor with an f/1.79 aperture and a 0.7 Âµm pixel size. There is also an 8MP f/2.25 ultrawide angle camera with a 119Â° field of view and electronic image stabilization. Last is a 2MP f/2.4 mono camera which OnePlus conveniently omits in the launch. There are a number of features built into the camera app such as AI Scene Detection, Night Mode, UltraShot HDR, and Portrait Mode.
The Nord CE has a 16MP front-facing camera with Face Unlock, an in-display fingerprint scanner, NFC, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, and dual nano-SIM support.
There is a 4500mAh battery inside the device, and with the new OnePlus Warp Charge 30 Plus, it charges from empty to 70% in 30 minutes. OnePlus ships the phone with OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 and it has features such as Dark Mode, AOD, and Zen Mode.
OnePlus is promising 3 years of security updates and 2 years of software updates which means it should get Android 12 and Android 13.
OnePlus Nord CE 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands:
- 1, 2, 3.4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 39, 40, 41, 66 – Europe
- 1, 2, 3.4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 39, 40, 41, 66 – India
- 5G bands:
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA – Europe
- 78 SA/NSA – India
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2021, June 10
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 11
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 73.5 x 7.9 mm (6.27 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 170 g (6.00 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Blue Void, Charkoal Ink, Silver Ray
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Fluid AMOLED, 90Hz
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.3 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~410 ppi density)
- Android 11, OxygenOS 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 0.7Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 119Ëš (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 70% in 30 min (advertised)
OnePlus Nord CE 5G Price and Availability
The OnePlus Nord CE will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow June 11, before going on sale on June 16. Below are the prices for India and Europe:
- 6GB RAM + 128GB = INR 22,999
- 8GB RAM + 128GB = INR 24,999/â‚¬329/Â£299
- 12GB RAM + 256GB = INR 27,999/â‚¬399/Â£369
The design is finished with three different colorways â€“ Blue Void which has a matte finish, a beautiful accenting, and is fingerprint resistant; Charcoal Ink which is practically black and has a glossy finish; and Silver Ray which boasts reflective properties that allow it to switch colors depending on the angle light rays hit it.
Do note that not all of the colors are available in the configuration above. The Silver Ray colorway is limited to the 12GB version (available starting June 23) and you canâ€™t pick up the Blue Void color in the 6+128GB configuration. Charcoal Ink is available for all three configurations.
Those who pre-order the phone will get free gifts worth INR 2,699 which includes a Fanny Pack and product discount vouchers.