HMD Global has launched a new budget-friendly smartphone called the Nokia C20 Plus in China. Just as the name goes, it is just an upgrade over the Nokia C20Â entry-level, which was announced in April in global markets.
Nokia C20 Plus
TheÂ Nokia C20 Plus comes with a polycarbonate-bodied handset that houses a 6.5-inch HD+ display that offers a 20:9 aspect ratio. At the front, there’s a 5-megapixel while its rear camera setup has an 8-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The phone is powered by the Unisoc SC9863A octa-core processor paired with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB of native storage. For more storage, it supports up to 256 GB of microSD card.
The device is fueled by a 4,950mAh battery that supports only a 10W charger. While it lacks a fingerprint scanner, it carries support for face unlock. The other features that are available on this phone include dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, microUSB, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The C20 Plus runs on Android 11 Go edition and it comes with a larger battery and more cameras as compared to the C20. The Finnish firm also unveiled the BH-205 TWS Bluetooth headset and SP-101 portable Bluetooth speaker alongside the C20 Plus.
Nokia BH-205 TWS Bluetooth headset and SP-101 Bluetooth speaker
The Nokia BH-205 TWS Bluetooth headset comes with a natural Nordic design. Its features include large-sized dynamic drivers, Bluetooth 5.0 binaural simultaneous transmission, up to 36 hours of battery life, and touch controls. It comes in Polar Blue and Charcoal Black colors.
On the other hand, the Nokia SP-101 portable wireless Bluetooth speaker is a compact device for single-handed operation. It weighs only 160 grams and comes with features like dynamic volume, up to 20 hours of battery life, microSD card support, and a built-in microphone, and support for hands-free calls.
Nokia C20 Plus Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 34, 38, 29, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, June 10
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 16
- Dimensions: 165.4 x 75.85 x mm
- Weight: 204.7 g
- Colors: Gray, Light Purple
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 400 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.5 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Android 11 (Go edition)
- Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A (28nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.2 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVRÂ IMG8322
- Storage: 32GB 3GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual
- 8 MP, main
- 2 MP, depth
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP
- Features: LED flash
- Video: 720p
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 4950mAh, removable
- Charging: 10W
Pricing and Availability
The Nokia C20 Plus is priced at 699 Yuan (~$109) and it will be up for purchase in China from June 16. The handset comes in two colors like Ocean Blue and Graphite Black.
The BH-205 Bluetooth headset and SP-101 portable Bluetooth speaker are both priced at 199 Yuan (~$31). These devices will go on sale later this month in China. It is unclear when these products will be made available in other markets.