Today (June 16), Honor held a Honor unveiled a number of products which include the Honor 50, Honor 50 Pro, Honor 50 SE, and the Honor Earbuds 2 SE. The Honor 50 and 50 Pro are undoubtly the star products among the lot. Apart from packing premium designs, the two models are designed specifically for high performance.
The Honor 50 Is built around a 6.57-inch OLED curved screen that supports a 120Hz screen refresh rate and 300Hz touch sampling rate. The display utilizes a single punch-hole design located centrally at the top of the screen.
The back design of the Honor 50 series is inspired by Rolleiâ€™s double-reflex cameras. The lens module adopts a dual-lens layout and uses a Cartier-like ring design around the main lens. In terms of performance, the camera focuses on one-stop Vlog video shooting, and the mobile phone supports six multi-lens video shooting modes including â€œfast-slow motion resumingâ€ and â€œsingle and double lens resumingâ€.
Unlike the Pro that has dual front camera setup, the Honor 50 features a 32-megapixel selfie lens. At the rear aspect, both models pack a similar camera configuration. The rear setup is a 100-megapixel quad-camera setup of which the main camera is a 100-megapixel main camera teaming up with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel macro, and another 2-megapixel depth-of-field lens.
The Honor 50 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G mobile platform, which uses 6nm process technology and a Kryo 670 architecture. The CPU is made up of a single 2.4GHz super core, three 2.2GHz large cores, and four 1.9GHz small cores. For graphics, the 5G-enabled processor integrates the Adreno 642L GPU. Compared with the previous generation, the Snapdragon 778â€™s performance and graphics rendering speed are improved by 45%. In addition, Honorâ€™s GPU Turbo X and Link Turbo technologies are also adapted to the Snapdragon platform.
The Honor 50 is equipped with a slightly bigger 4300mAh battery that supports 66W wired fast charging. It run on Magic UI 4.2 based on Android 11 â€‹â€‹and feature support for NFC.
Honor 50 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 5, 8, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, June 16
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 25
- Dimensions: 160 x 73.8 x 7.7 mm (6.30 x 2.91 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Colors: Frost Crystal, Amber Red, Emerald Green, Midnight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz
- Size: 6.57 inches, 106.0 cm2 (~89.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~392 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 4.2, Google Play Services (market/region dependent)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120Ëš, 17mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.14″
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 100W, 100% in 25 min (advertised)
Honor 50 Price and Availability
The Honor 50 will commence pre-sale from June 25 in China. It comes in four colors: first snow crystal, summer amber, black jade green, and bright black.
- 8GB + 128GB goes for 2699 yuan (~$422)
- 8GB + 256GB goes for 2999 yuan (~$469)
- 12GB + 256GB goes for 3399 yuan (~$531)
Although Honor confirmed that the smartphone will be available in over 40 regions, it did not give any specific date for the global release.