We have seen phones that are available in two different chipset versions. Samsung has been offering its flagship phones in Exynos and Snapdragon variants for years. However, this tradition is uncommon among other manufacturers, which is why when it happens, it is notable. Vivo has decided to jump on this trend with its budget mid-range 5G phone, the Vivo Y52s.
The Vivo Y52s was launched in December 2020 and it had a MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor under its hood. The manufacturer has now quietly announced a new version of the phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G processor, officially called the Vivo Y52s t1.
The Vivo Y52s t1 has the same specifications as the one that launched back in December save for the MediaTek processor that has now been replaced with a Qualcomm one.
The two versions of the phone features a 6.58-inch LCD display with a waterdrop notch, a 90Hz refresh rate, and a 180Hz touch sampling rate. The display has a DCI-P3 color gamut and is HDR10 certified.
On the back of the Vivo Y52s is a 48MP main camera paired with a 2MP depth sensor. The selfie camera is an 8MP camera and it has a night mode like the rear. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, an audio jack, and a 5000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging.
Vivo Y52s t1 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, May 03
- Status: Available. Released 2021, May 03
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.4 x 8.4 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 185.5 g (6.56 oz)
- Colors: Gray, Coral, Aurora
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, HDR10, 460 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/1.8, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Vivo Y52s t1 Price and Availability
The Vivo Y52s (t1 edition) is priced at ¥1999 (~$309) and has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. There is also an 8GB RAM + 128GB version but it is not available for purchase yet and its price is not known.
Both phones are available in Coral Sea, Monet, and Titanium Gray, however, the Coral Sea variant of the Snapdragon version is not yet in stock. You can grab the phone on Jingdong.