Vivo has launched the Vivo Y52 5G with fascinating specifications and an attractive price tag. This is yet another addition to the huge Vivo Y family with the main highlights being on its 48MP camera and 5G-ready chipset. The smartphone also comes with a sleek design which is very traditional for Vivo smartphones.
The Vivo Y52 5G has a waterdrop notch IPS LCD with a 6.58-inch diagonal. It sports an FHD+ resolution that consists of 2,408 x 1,080 pixels and brings a 20:9 aspect ratio. Last but not least, Vivo managed to reach a 90.6% screen-to-body ratio with this handset.
Under the hood, the Vivo Y52 5G is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 700 chip made on a 7nm architecture and counting with a 5G modem straight out of the box. The horsepower comes alongside 4GB of RAM and 128GB of Internal Storage. The smartphone also has a microSD card support option that allows further storage expansion. On the software front, the Vivo Y52 5G runs Android 11 straight out of the box with Funtouch OS 11.1 running on top. We’re not sure if this particular device comes with Vivo’s virtual memory feature.
In terms of photography, the Vivo Y52 5G comes with a triple-camera array. There is a 48MP camera leading the show, a 2MP macro snapper, and a 2MP depth-sensing module. On the front side, the handset packs an 8MP selfie snapper.
As for connectivity, it comes with dual-SIM capabilities, 4G VoLTE, and 5G. We have Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port. The Vivo Y52 5G draws power from a massive 5,000mAh battery that is coupled with 18W fast-charging. Last but not least the device has a fingerprint scanner and a face unlock feature.
Vivo Y52 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, May 18
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.3 x 8.4 mm (6.45 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: g
- Colors: Graphite Black, Dream Glow
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~84.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 11, Funtouch 11
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Vivo Y52 5G Price and Availability
The phone is available in two colors – Graphite Black and Dream Glow. The company, unfortunately, didn’t reveal pricing and availability info. Moreover, it hasn’t commented on any details regarding the global launch of this handset. Unfortunately, the big majority of Vivo 5G handsets is still limited to the Chinese market.