Samsung launched the Galaxy Tab S7 and the Tab S7+ last year as a rival to Appleâ€™s iPad Pro in the premium tablet market. The Galaxy Tab S7 series comes with high refresh rate displays, flagship-grade chipsets, and many other advanced features. And today, following earlier leaks, Samsung has expanded the Tab S7 lineup with the launch of the Galaxy Tab S7 FE.
The company quietly launched the device in Germany. It has shown up on Samsungâ€™s German website, without a keynote or blog post. Moreover, the Galaxy Tab S7 FE is not an upgrade or on par with its predecessors. It is essentially an affordable 5G-supported tablet from Samsung. And, the FE (Fan Edition) branding suggests that the company is aiming to unify its smartphone and tablet lineup, with value-for-money products under one category.
So, the Galaxy Tab S7 FE comes with a 12.4-inch WQGA TFT LCD panel with a standard 60Hz refresh rate. As it is an affordable device, there is no support for a higher refresh rate.
Under the hood, the tablet is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G, which powers the 5G-enabled Galaxy A-series devices. It is coupled with the Adreno 619 GPU. You will also find up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage onboard. There is also a microSD slot to expand the storage up to 1TB.
Coming to the optics, the device comes with an 8MP shooter, housed in a vertical camera module at the back. For video calls and selfies, the tablet features a 5MP front camera.
There is a humongous 10,090mAh battery that can last for weeks if you are a light user. There is also support for S-Pen, along with a magnetic holder for the stylus on the back. Plus, you get Samsung DeX support that lets you use the tablet as a desktop alternative.
It comes with 5G-connectivity and runs the latest One UI 3.1 based on Android 11 out-of-the-box.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, May 25
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May
- Dimensions: 284.8 x 185 x 6.3 mm (11.21 x 7.28 x 0.25 in)
- Weight: 608 g (1.34 lb)
- Colors: Mystic Black, Mystic Silver, Mystic Green, Mystic Pink
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Stylus support
- Type: TFT
- Size: 12.4 inches, 445.8 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~243 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Single – 8 MP, AF
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP
- Video: yes
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Tuned by AKG
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, magnetic connector
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Samsung DeX
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 10090 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 45W, 100% in 190 min (advertised)
Models: SM-T730 (Wi-Fi only); SM-T736B (LTE/5G)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE is priced at â‚¬649 for the 4GB + 64GB base variant while the price of the higher-end 6GB + 128GB model is unknown at the moment.
It is available in two colors â€“ Mystic Black and Mystic Silver color and will become available to buy from Samsung Germanyâ€™s website soon. The company aims to release this 5G tablet in other markets as well. So, do stay tuned for the Galaxy Tab S7 FE India launch and availability details.