POCO has announced its first budget 5G device called the POCO M3 Pro 5G. The device comes with a design that should turn heads, satisfactory specs, and an affordable price tag.
The POCO M3 Pro 5G is built around a 6.5-inch screen with a 1080p+ display, a centered punch hole for the front-facing camera, and a 90Hz refresh rate. POCO has added a feature called DynamicSwitch that automatically adjusts the refresh rate based on the content you are viewing. The phone will switch between 30Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz.
Under the hood, the POCO M3 pro version is powered by a 7nm Dimensity 700 chipset that not only outperforms the Snapdragon 662 but also the Snapdragon 720G processor on AnTuTu. The phone comes with up to 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of UFS 2.2 storage. It has a dual-hybrid SI slot, so you can either pop in two 5G SIM cards or a 5G SIM and a MicroSD card (up to 1TB).
For cameras, there are three on the back. The primary sensor is a 48MP camera and it is paired with a depth Sensor and a macro camera. For features, you get a Night Mode and a time-lapse mode.
The phone packs a 5000mAh battery capacity with support for 18W fast charging but comes with a 22.5W power adapter that you can use for your other devices too. POCO claims it will last up to 2-days on a single charge depending on the usage. There is an audio jack at the top alongside an IR blaster. It also has NFC with support for payments and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Xiaomi POCO M3 Pro 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, May 19
- Status: Available. release 2021, May 22
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm (6.37 x 2.96 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Poco Yellow, Power Black, Cool Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 400 nits (typ), 500 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: Panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
POCO M3 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The POCO M3 Pro 5G is priced at â‚¬159 for the 4GB + 64GB version and â‚¬179 for the 6GB + 128GB version. These are early bird prices for those who purchase the phone tomorrow and during the dates of May 20th to May 27th. Buyers will be able to pick up the phone in Power Black, Cool Blue, and POCO Yellow.
The phone will be available for purchase tomorrow on the POCO website, on AliExpress, Amazon, and on Goboo. It will be available later on partner platforms such as Lazada, Jumia, MediaMarkt, Souq, Gearbest, and Banggood.