OPPO has yet again added a new smartphone to its Reno5- series called the OPPO Reno5 A in Japan. This handset is a direct successor to the OPPO Reno3 A launched last year. This phone is tailored for the Japanese market with certain features that are usually not found in OPPO smartphones sold in other regions.
The newly announced OPPO Reno5 A features a plastic build and comes in two colors (Silver Black, Ice Blue). Unlike most OPPO smartphones, this is IP68-certified for dust and water resistance. It measures 162 x 74.6 x 8.2mm in dimensions and weighs 182g.
The device flaunts a 6.5-inch LTPS LCD panel with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate, and 180Hz touch sampling rate. This display features 405 PPI, 1500: 1 contrast ratio, and 550 nits peak brightness. The screen can output 16.77 million colors (8 bits) and covers 96% / 100% of NTSC / DCI-P3 color gamuts.
Further, the phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC coupled with 6GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB storage.
As for optics, the smartphone sports a quad-camera setup on the back. This camera array includes a 64MP primary shooter, an 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle unit, a 2MP monochrome sensor, and a 2MP macro snapper. Whereas, for selfies and video calls, the handset uses a 16MP punch-hole camera.
Other features of the device include a MicroSD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB 2.0 Type-C port, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, color temperature sensor, gyroscope, and a rear-mounted fingerprint.
On the connectivity front, the handset supports single-SIM, 5G, dual-band WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.1, and GNSS (GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, QZSS). The device also has NFC with support for NTT DoCoMo Osaifu-Keitai and Sony FeliCa.
Last but not least, the OPPO Reno5 A runs ColorOS 11 based on Android 11 and is backed by a 4,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging (USB Power Delivery, Qualcomm Quick Charge).
OPPO Reno5 A Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 3, 28, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, May 21
- Status: Available. Released 2021, June
- Dimensions: 162.0 x 74.6 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colors: Silver black, Ice blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LCD (LTPS), 90Hz, 405 nits (typ), 550 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.5 inch
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~410 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7250 Snapdragon 765G 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Reverse charging
OPPO Reno5 A Price and Availability
The OPPO Reno5 A comes in two colors – two colors, silver black and ice blue. The price and availability of the phone in Japan. Going by an earlier report, the phone should be available in SoftBank and unlocked variants.