HMD Global, the maker of the new Nokia phones, has launched its new smartphone in the United States on Verizonâ€™s 4G network called Nokia 2720 V Flip. As the name indicates, the phone comes with a clamshell flip design.
The company calls it a â€œsmart feature phoneâ€ and comes with a 1.3-inch outer display that displays caller ID as well as time, day, and date. The primary display on the phone is 2.8-inch with QVGA resolution and thereâ€™s a number and d-pad on the bottom part.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the Qualcomm 205 chipset, coupled with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. To make it a â€œsmartphone,â€ the company opted to use KaiOS that supports the most popular apps like Youtube, WhatsApp, and Facebook among many others. Thereâ€™s also a KaiStore, similar to the Play Store, for the users to download more applications on the device.
It supports 4G LTE connectivity that allows HD calls and watching videos. Thereâ€™s also a feature that enables users to convert the phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. It also comes with an emergency button and some other accessibility aspects.
The phone comes with support for Google Assistant for voice commands. It is powered by a 1,500mAh battery that is removable and charges over micro-USB. The company is promising a standby time of 26 days.
Nokia 2720 V Flip Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41 – Verizon
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, May 14
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May 20
- Dimensions: 192.7 x 54.5 x 11.6 mm (7.59 x 2.15 x 0.46 in)
- Weight: 118 g (4.16 oz)
- Colors: Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT, 256K colors
- Size: 2.8 inches, 24.3 cm2 (~23.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~143 ppi density)
- Second external TFT display, 240 x 240 pixels, 1.3 inches
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8905 Snapdragon 205 (28 nm)
- CPU: Dual-core (2×1.1 GHz Cortex-A7)
- GPU: Adreno 304
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 512MB
- Memory Card slot: microSDHC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 4.5
- Main Camera: Single – 2 MP
- Features: LED flash
- Video: Yes
- Selfie Camera: No
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- Radio: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors :
- SNS applications
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/AAC player
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 1500 mAh, removable (BL-6V)
Nokia 2720 V Flip Price and Availability
The Nokia 2720 V Flip comes in a single color â€“ black and itâ€™s priced at $80. It will be available through Verizon from 20th May.