Recently, a list of devices that can be upgraded to iOS 15 and iPad OS 15 was compiled by Wccftech. The source believes that Apple may abandon the update support for the iPhone 6S, the iPad Air 2 and older devices.
Detailed list of devices that can be upgraded to iOS 15 / iPadOS 15:
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- 2020 iPhone SE 2
- iPod touch seventh-generation
- iPad Air 4
- 2-inch iPad 8
- 11-inch iPad Pro (1st and 2nd generations), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd and 4th generations)
- 5-inch iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
- 2-inch iPad (7th generation)
- 7-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
A similar list was leaked much earlier. But in this one, there are many additions. So it looks more complete.
However, it is worth mentioning that the list has not been confirmed by Apple. This leaves room for doubts.
Meanwhile, here’s a list of features that we expect with iOS 15. Among them, we can mention interactive widgets, overhauled settings menu, always-on mode, macOS-like features, better security, etc.