Earlier this year, vivoâ€™s iQOO launched the iQOO Neo5 smartphone with Snapdragon 870 chipset in China. Now the company has silently announced a new smartphone called the iQOO Neo5 Lite (aka iQOO Neo5 Vitality Edition) in China. It is the second phone from the brand to feature the Snapdragon 870 chipset.
The iQOO Neo5 Vitality Edition sports a 6.56-inch LCD screen that offers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 144Hz refresh rate, HDR, 480nits brightness, and 1500:1 contrast ratio. The punch-hole screen delivers a screen-to-body ratio of 90.4 percent. On the right edge of the phone is a power button that doubles up as a fingerprint scanner.
The Snapdragon 870 mobile platform with up to 1 GB of LPDDR5 RAM fuels the iQOO Neo5 Vitality Edition. The handset offers users up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. For smoother functioning of apps, the smartphone uses 3 GB of storage space as RAM through memory fusion technology.
It is fueled by a 4,500mAh battery, which supports 44W rapid charging. iQOO claims that it takes around 33 minutes for the phone to gain 70 percent battery juice through the fast charge technology. The phone remains cool during intensive gaming as it features an 11-layer liquid cooling heat dissipation system.
For capturing selfies, the iQOO Neo5 Lite has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera. The vertical camera system on its back has a 48-megapixel primary camera with f/1.79 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultrawide lens with a field-of-view of 120 degrees, and a 2-megapixel macro camera with a 4cm focal length. Some of the photography features offered by the phone include night scene, portrait mode, short video, time-lapse photography, up to 1080p slow-motion video shooting, and up to 4K video recording.
The iQOO Neo5 Lite runs on Android 11 OS and OriginOS 1.0 for iQOO. It offers other features such as stereo speakers, dual SIM, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-C, and a 3.5mm audio jack. The device measures 163.97 x 75.53 x 8.93mm and weighs 198.3 grams.
vivo iQOO Neo5 Lite (iQOO Neo5 Vitality Edition) Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 24
- Status: Available. Released 2021, March 24
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.5 x 8.9 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 198.3 g (6.98 oz)
- Colors: Black, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 144Hz, HDR10
- Size: 6.57 inches, 104.0 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120Ëš (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual speakers
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 44W, 70% in 33 min (advertised)
iQOO Neo5 Vitality Edition Price and Availability
The iQOO Neo5 Vitality Edition comes in two colors such as Polar Night Black and Ice Peak White.
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage costs 2,299 Yuan (~$357),
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage costs 2,499 Yuan (~$388),
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage costs 2,699 Yuan (~$419).