Chinese manufacturer Honor has launched a 6.53 inch smartphone in China called Honor Play5 5G. In terms of design and specs, it resembles the Dimensity 800U chipset version of the Huawei Nova 8 SE, which was announced back in November last year.
The Honor Play5 is built around a 6.53-inch OLED display that delivers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The waterdrop notch on the screen houses a selfie camera of 16-megapixel.
As for the cameras, it has quad camera setup in squarish arrangement and they include a 64-megapixel main camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide lens, a 2-megapixel macro lens, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and an LED flash. The smartphone runs on Magic UI 4.0 based Android 10 OS.
The Dimensity 800U chipset is present under the hood of the Honor Play5, it ships with LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 2.1 storage. It draws power from a 3,800mAh battery, which supports 66W rapid charging.
For security, the Play 5 has an in-display fingerprint sensor. The usual connectivity features like dual SIM support, 5G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB-C, and a 3.5mm audio jack are also available on the Play5.
Honor Play5 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, May 18
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May 26
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 74.8 x 7.5 mm (6.36 x 2.94 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 179 g (6.31 oz)
- Colors: Black, Violet, Light Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, HDR10
- Size: 6.53 inches, 102.9 cm2 (~85.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Android 10, Magic UI 4.0, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: Unspecified
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 3800 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W, 60% in 15 min, 100% in 35 min (advertised)
Honor Play5 5G Price and Availability
The phone comes in gradient, purple, and black. It is priced at 2099 yuan (about $327) for the RAM 8GB / 128GB model and 2299 yuan (about $358) for the RAM 8GB / 256GB model. The first sales of the Play5 will be carried out on May 26.