ZTE has announced the ZTE Axon 30 Pro, and ZTE Axon 30 Ultra smartphones in China. Both the devices, despite having similarities, comes with noticeable differences in battery, camera, and display.
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G
Display and Design
The Axon 30 Ultra sports a 6.67-inch AMOLED subtly curved display with a 144Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate. This display has an FHD+ resolution, HDR10+ certification, 95% screen-body ratio, 10-bit colors, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, and has a single punch-hole at the center.
The display features include eye protection, DC dimming, AI blue light filter, an adaptive refresh rate, and reading mode.
Specs and Features
The ZTE Axon 30 Ultra is powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset, paired with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage.
For connectivity, we have 5G with 4×4 MIMO and three-channel acceleration. The Axon 30 device also have three-layer ice-cooled VC liquid cooling technology. That is, there is a 2880mmsq. VC soaking plate, thermally conductive gel, and a graphene-copper composite.
As per cameras, the Axon 30 Ultra has quad-cameras with Trinity Triple 64MP cameras. We have a 64MP f/1.6 Sony IMX686 sensor with OIS, a 64MP ultrawide with 120-degree FOV, and a 64MP f/1.9 superhuman camera. Along with this, there is an auxiliary 8MP periscope lens with 5X optical zoom with OIS and laser Autofocus.
The camera features include 8K at 30fps video recording, Steadicam-level stabilization( with dual OIS + EIS anti-shake), 60x hybrid zoom, HDR10 video recording, super night and ‘Super Moon Ultra’ for capturing shots of stars and the moon. Upfront, there is a 16MP selfie shooter.
Other features of the ZTE Axon 30 Ultra include a 4,600mAh battery with 66W wired charging, dual-band GPS, NFC, Wi-Fi 6E, and triple microphones. The device run MyOS based on Android 11 OS.
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, April 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May
- Dimensions: 161.5 x 73 x 8 mm (6.36 x 2.87 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Colors: Black, White, Gold, Pale Turquoise
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~91.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Always-on display
- Android 11, MyOS 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 16GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 64 MP, f/1.9, 35mm (standard), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/3.4, 123mm (periscope telephoto), 1/4.0″, PDAF, 5x optical zoom, OIS
- 64 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS, HDR10, 10‑bit video
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4600 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W
- Quick Charge 4+
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G Price and Availability
The ZTE Axon 30 Ultra comes in these colorways- black, blue, white, and coffee. Here, the White and Coffee, as mentioned before, have ‘Axon’ written on them among which the Coffee has plain leather on the back. Prices are as follow;
- 8GB + 256GB costs CNY 4,698 ($719)
- 12GB + 256GB costs CNY 4,998 ($765)
- 16GB + 1TB costs CNY 6,666 ($1,021)
As for availability, the pre-orders of the phone starts on April 15, i.e, today on ZTE mall, JD.com, Tmall, Suning, etc. The device will go on sale at 10 AM local time on April 19 in China.
Also, the Axon 30 Ultra is said to arrive in global markets like North America soon in frosted Black and matte White colors.