In January, vivo announced the vivo Y20G budget smartphone in India. And now, the Chinese smartphone maker has launched the same device as vivo Y20s (G) in the Philippines.
The vivo Y20s (G) features a similar design as all other smartphones in the vivo Y20 series sold worldwide.
On the front, it is built around a 6.51-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels (HD+), a 20:9 aspect ratio, and a dewdrop notch nesting an 8MP selfie camera. Whereas, the glossy polycarbonate back of the phone houses a vertically-aligned 13MP (wide) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth) triple camera setup.
Further, the device is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 SoC coupled with 6GB RAM and 128GB RAM. On the connectivity front, the smartphone supports dual-SIM, 4G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, and GNSS (GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo)
It also includes all the necessary sensors, such as an accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Other features of this phone include a dedicated MicroSD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack, MicroUSB port, Funtouch OS 11 based on Android 11, 5,000mAh battery, and 18W fast charging.
Last but not least, the vivo Y20s (G) ships with an 18W power adapter, MicroUSB to USB Type-A cable, screen protector (pre-applied), a protective case, SIM injector, and documentation.
vivo Y20s (G) Specifications
Also known as vivo Y20SG, vivo Y20s (G)
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, April 10
- Status: Available. Released 2021, April 10
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 3.00 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 192.3 g (6.77 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Obsidian Black, Purist Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.51 inches, 102.3 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 11, Funtouch 11
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/1.8, (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
vivo Y20s (G) Price and Availability
The phone is priced at ₱9,999 ($206) in Philippines and is available in two colors (Obsidian Black, Purist Blue).