Vivo has launched its mid-range V21 series smartphones in Malaysia, each signposted with an excellent camera setup and other nice features. The models include the Vivo V21, V21 5G, and V21e and they are touted to have among the best selfie cameras found on mid-rangers in the market.
The three models feature an exact triple rear camera system highlighted by a 64MP main OIS-enabled camera. They each have an 8 MP ultra-wide-angle camera and a 2 MP macro setup. The front and the rear cameras are capable of split-screen shots.
Vivo V21 Series
The V21 and the V21 5G are powered by Dimensity 800U chipset, but the V21 5G has 5G capability and a few connectivity differences. You can get up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage for the devices.
The V21 and V21 5G offer a 44MP selfie camera with autofocus capabilities and a few added features like OIS and EIS, providing high-quality output while watching videos via the device. With a decent refresh rate, the display is capable of showing 4K videos and a 90Hz refresh rate. The dual-LED flash on both devices works together with the OIS selfie camera for excellent output. The LED also helps produce excellent photo and video content in the dark, combined with the AI Night portrait mode. The autofocus mode present in the models is also an innovation that is not even present in some high-end models.
The two Vivo smartphones each come with a 4,000 mAh battery and 33W fast charging support.
Vivo V21 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, April 27
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 73.9 x 7.3 mm (6.29 x 2.91 x 0.29 in)
- Weight: 176 g (6.21 oz)
- Colors: Dusk Blue, Sunset Dazzle, Arctic White
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.44 inches, 100.1 cm2 (~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Android 11, Funtouch 11.1
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected] (no OIS), [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 44 MP, f/2.0, (wide), AF, OIS
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected] (no OIS), [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 63% in 30 min (advertised)
Vivo V21 Price and Availability
As per the price, the Vivo V21 is priced at around MYR 1,600 (~$390). The V215G will not be released in Malaysia. The models will become available in a few days in select parts of the world as the global rollout unfolds.
The Vivo V21 and V21 5G will be available soon in three colors: Sunset Dazzle, Dusk Blue and Arctic White.