Samsung and wireless network operator SK Telecom have finally launched the Galaxy Quantum2Â smartphone in Korea. The device has security features like built-in quantum cryptography technology, Snapdragon 855+ chipset, and more.
Samsung Galaxy Quantum2 security Features
Right off the bat, we have to look at the security feature of the Galaxy Quantum2. Just like theÂ predecessor, the device has a QRNG(Quantum Random Number Generator) chip developed by ID Quantique. This is an integrated 2.5Ã—2.5mm chip that generates random numbers by creating noise via an LED and capturing it using a CMOS sensor.
That is, it makes the device safer by generating unpredictable and patternless true random numbers. This technology is said to be immune against hackers or exploiters unless they get physical access to the device.
SK Telecom also says that the QRNG chip automatically secures the services including payments that are based on Android Keystore (APIs).
As of now, it supports the banking services of Shinhan Bank and Standard Chartered Bank Korea apps as well as other services like 11Street, T World, SK Pay, PASS, and T Membership. In the future, the company will expand it to financial companies like Samsungâ€™s Card and SKTâ€™s music streaming service FLO and video ringback tone service V Coloring.
The Samsung Galaxy Quantum2 features a 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X QHD+ Infinity-O display. This display is subtly curved like the Galaxy S21 and has a maximum brightness of up to 1200 nits, a resolution of 3200 x 1440 pixels, SGS eye care certification, and a 120Hz refresh rate.
The Galaxy Quantum2 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset. This is paired with a 5G modem(here, it supports N78 sub6 band), 6GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage. For memory lovers, you also get a microSD for expansion up to 1TB.
For cameras, we have a triple-camera layout with a design similar to the Galaxy A72. The layout has a 64MP f/1.8 primary lens with OIS, 12MP f/2.2 ultrawide lens with 123-degree FOV, 5MP f/2.4 macro lens. Upfront, there is a 10MP f/2.2 selfie camera.
Other features include stereo speakers, in-display fingerprint sensor, 4,500mAh battery with 25W charging, USB-C port, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, andÂ Android 11Â OS with One UI on top.
Samsung Galaxy Quantum2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, April 13
- Status: Exp. 2021, April 23
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 73.8 x 8.1 mm (6.37 x 2.91 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 176 g (6.21 oz)
- Colors: Black, White, Violet
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Type: Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, 1200 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~90.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~524 ppi density)
- 120Hz@FHD / 60Hz@QHD refresh rate
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm), QRNG security chipset
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7X”, 0.8Âµm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 123Ëš (ultrawide), 1.12Âµm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 10 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
Samsung Galaxy Quantum2 Price and Availability
The Galaxy Quantum2 comes in White, Dark Grey, and Light Violet colors. It is up for pre-orders in South Korea from today i.e, April 13. TheÂ pre-ordersÂ will last till April 19 and the device will officially launch on April 23 in the country.
SK Telecom is taking pre-orders for the Galaxy Quantum2 from today until April 19, price for the 6/128GB model is KRW 699,600. The phone will begin shipping on April 23. However, it is expected to launch as Galaxy A82Â in other markets.