Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy M42 5G smartphone in India. It is the first M-series smartphone from the company to come with support for 5G connectivity. As for specifications and design, it is a slightly modified version of the Galaxy A42 5G phone that debuted in European markets in September 2020.
The Galaxy M42 5G is built around a 6.6-inch AMOLED display that produces an HD+ resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio. The Infinity-U notch screen is integrated with a fingerprint sensor. The polycarbonate rear, which has a glass-like appeal sports an impressive layered pattern.
The Galaxy M42 supports 5G thanks to the presence of the Snapdragon 750G chipset. The phone ships with up to 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. It comes with a dedicated microSD expansion slot. It is preinstalled with One UI 3.1 based Android 11 OS, which tags along with features like Samsung Pay and Knox security.
For shooting selfies, the Galaxy M42 5G features a 20-megapixel front-facing camera. Its rear camera module has a 48-megapixel main camera with an f/1.8 aperture rating, an 8-megapixel superwide camera with a 119-degree FOV, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The Galaxy M42 5G has a big battery of 5,000mAh capacity, which supports 15W charging. The phone is packed with other features like a dual SIM slot with 5G support, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB-C, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, April 28
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May 01
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm (6.47 x 2.99 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Colors: Prism Dot Black, Prism Dot White, Prism Dot Gray
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED
- Size: 6.6 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~84.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~266 ppi density)
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- IUFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-M426B, SM-M426B/DS
Galaxy M42 5G Price and Availability
The Galaxy M42 5G is priced at;
- INR 21,999 (~$295) for the 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage model,
- INR 23,999 (~$322) for the 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage model .
However, the 6 GB and 8 GB models will go on sale with an introductory price of Rs 19,999 (~$269) and Rs 21,999 (~$295), respectively. The M42 5G will be available for purchase through Samsung India’s online store and Flipkart starting from May 1.
It comes in two colors such as Prism Dot Black, and Prism Dot Grey.