Samsung has launched two new F-series devices in India today. The company unveiled the Galaxy F12 and the Galaxy F02s. Here is everything you need to know about the F12.
Samsung Galaxy F12
The new Galaxy F12, is not entirely new as it is essentially a rebranded Galaxy M12. It comes with a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD panel with a waterdrop notch design which Samsung calls an Infinity-V display. It supports a 90Hz screen refresh rate and Gorilla Glass protection on top.
Coming to the cameras, the Galaxy F12 packs a quad-camera array at the back. This includes a primary 48MP ISOCELL GM2 sensor. Apart from that, the camera setup includes an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 5MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro lens. There is also an 8MP selfie snapper housed inside the waterdrop notch.
Under the hood, the Galaxy F12 packs the same Exynos 850 SoC that powers the Galaxy M12. However, unlike the M12 that comes with up to 6GB of RAM, the F12 packs 4GB of RAM. The device comes with up to 128GB of internal storage (expandable up to 1TB via a dedicated microSD card slot).
Much like the Galaxy M12, the Galaxy F12 also packs a massive 6,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support via the USB-C port. The device also includes a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The device runs the Android 11-based Samsung OneUI 3.1 out-of-the-box.
Samsung Galaxy F12 Specification
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, April 05
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 12
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 221 g (7.80 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Sea Green, Celestial Black, Sky Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS IPS, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Chipset: Exynos 850 (8nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-F127G, SM-F127G/DS, SM-F127F, SM-F127F/DS
Samsung Galaxy F12 Price and Availability
Samsung will be selling the Galaxy F12 for the following price tags on Flipkart, Samsung online store, and select offline retail stores.
- 4GB + 64GB – INR 10,999 ($150)
- 4GB + 128GB – INR 11,999 ($163)
The phone comes in Sea Green, Celestial Black, Sky Blue color options and will be available for purchase starting April 12.