Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy F02s and the Galaxy F12s budget smartphone in India. As expected, these devices are nothing but rebranded Galaxy A02s / M02s and Galaxy A12 / M12 respectively. Anyway, let us take a look at their specs, features, price, and availability.
Samsung Galaxy F02s
The Galaxy F02s is built around a 6.5-inch PLS TFT LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels (HD+) and a dewdrop notch (Infinity-V Display). Additionally, the screen on the latter phone also has a 90Hz refresh rate.
The phone features a plastic build but a different design. Under the hood, the Galaxy F02s comes equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 S0C, whereas the Galaxy M02s sports an Exynos 850 SoC. Like any other budget device, they come with eMMC 5.1 storage and a dedicated microSD card slot (up to 1TB).
Further, the Galaxy F02s houses a vertically-aligned triple camera setup (13MP wide + 2MP macro + 2MP depth) on the back and a 5MP selfie camera on the front.
On the connectivity front, the duo supports dual-SIM, 4G, single-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 (F02s) / 5.0 (F12), and GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, GALILEO). Sensors on these phones include an accelerometer, grip sensor, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor.
As per software, the Galaxy F02s runs One UI Core 2.x based on Android 10, and supports 15W fast charging. It is backed by a 5,000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy F02s Specification
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, April 05
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 09
- Dimensions: 164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm (6.46 x 2.99 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Diamond Blue, Diamond White, Diamond Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS IPS
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~81.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3GB, 4GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB, 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), AF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2
- Video: Yes
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: Yes
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-E025F, SM-E025F/DS
Samsung Galaxy F02s Price and Availability
Samsung will be selling the Galaxy F02s for the following price tags on Flipkart, Samsung online store, and select offline retail stores.
- 3GB + 32GB â€“ â‚¹8,999 ($122)
- 4GB + 64GB â€“ â‚¹9,999 ($136)
The phone comes in Diamond Blue, Diamond White and Diamond Black and will be available for purchase starting April 9.