Realme has announced the Realme Q3 series in China today. All three devices are 5G and out of the bunch, the Realme Q3i 5G is the cheapest. Letâ€™s look at what the Q3i 5G brings.
Realme Q3i 5G launched
The Realme Q3i 5G is a successor to the Realme Q2i 5G from last year. However, it brings a lot of upgrades at a similar price.
It features a power button(with a fingerprint sensor embedded) at the right, volume buttons and SIM tray to the left, Type-C port, 3.5mm jack, speaker, and primary microphone at the bottom.
Upfront, there is a 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD display with a punch-hole at the top-left. This display has a resolution of 2400Ã—1080 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.5% screen-body ratio, and 600 nits maximum brightness.
Under the hood, the Realme Q3i 5G is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G chipset. To compare, the predecessor had the Dimensity 720 on the inside. The chipset is also paired with 4/6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB UFS 2.1 storage and the device also gets the DRE(Dynamic RAM Expansion) that virtually makes a 6GB RAM function smoothly like an 8GB variant.
For cameras, the device has a triple-camera on the back with a 48MP f/1.8 main 6P lens, a 2MP B&W f/2.4 portrait lens, and a 2MP 4cm f/2.4 Macro lens. Upfront, there is a 16MP selfie camera.
Other features include a 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging, SA/NSA 5G support, dedicated microSD slot up to 1TB, and Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 OS.
Realme Q3i 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, April 22
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 22
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.5 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 185 g (6.53 oz)
- Colors: Supersonic Blue, Supersonic Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits (typ), 600 nits
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~83.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
CamerasÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (Dolby Atmos)
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Realme Q3i 5G Price and Availability
The Realme Q3i 5G is available in either 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage. The device comes in two colors- Light Blue and Particle Ash (Grey) options.
Prices are as below:
- 4GB + 128GB- 1,099 yuan ($169)
- 6GB + 128GB- 1,199 yuan ($185)
Although the above is official pricing, Realme says that for the first sale, the device will be available for 100 yuan cheaper. That makes the Realme Q3i base variant start as low as 999 yuan($153) in China.
As a result, the 6GB RAM variant will retail for 1,099 yuan in the first sale. Speaking of which, the Realme Q3i 5G official launched today, i.e, April 22 at 21:30 Beijing Time in China.
The device will be available on major e-commerce platforms like JD.com, Suning, and the official Realme website. The Realme website has got many gifts for the early birds on and you can check them here.