While other smartphone makers were busy dishing it out in the flagship and mid-range segments with their latest 5G smartphones, HMD Global has been pretty silent until today. The Finnish giant, as earlier promised, has finally revamped its naming scheme and launched six new smartphones today. This includes two entry-level C-series, two budget-centric G-series, and two affordable 5G-enabled X-series phones.
Well, let us go straight to X-series without wasting much time. The new X-series released today includes the Nokia X10 and the X20.
The Nokia X10 and X20 has the same design and feature, only differs in few areas. They include a 6.67-inch Full-HD+ LCD display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, 2400 x 1080-pixel resolution, and up to 450 nits of brightness. There’s also a centered punch-hole cutout on the front.
Just like the X20, the Nokia X10 is also powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G chipset but comes in three configurations – 4GB+128GB, 6GB+64GB, and 6GB+128GB. Nokia X20 has two just configurations. It also run stock Android 11 with a promise of up to 3 years of updates.
As for the cameras, both the Nokia X10 and X20 are backed by Zeiss Optics. But the X10 includes a 48MP primary sensor while the X20 includes a 64MP primary sensor. The quad-camera setup also includes a 5MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro camera on both phones. You will find an 8MP selfie camera on the X10 while the X20 will offer you a 32MP selfie sensor.
Both the phones come equipped with a 4,470mAh battery with 18W fast-charging via the USB Type-C port at the bottom. There’s a 3.5mm headphone jack, 5G support, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC onboard as well. The fingerprint sensor is baked on the side and doubles as the power button.
Nokia X10 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 28, 31, 41, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, April 08
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June
- Dimensions: 168.9 x 79.7 x 9.1 mm (6.65 x 3.14 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 210 g (7.41 oz)
- Colors: Forest, Snow
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 450 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~79.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, (macro)
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: Zeiss optics, LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected] (unconfirmed), [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4470 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Nokia X10 Price and Availability
Nokia X10 will be available in two color options, namely Forest and Snow. It is priced at €309 and will be available for purchase in June.