Alongside the 5G-enabled X-series, HMD also unveiled four entry-level Nokia phones â€“ two G phones with full Android 11 and two C phones with Android 11 Go Edition. Itâ€™s important to note that the G-series will receive OS updates for two years. The G-series consists of Nokia G10 and Nokia G20.
The Nokia G20 is the clear favorite if you care about the camera. It has a 48MP main module, combined with a 5MP ultrawide angle camera, plus an 8MP selfie camera (also on the back: 2MP macro and 2MP depth units). Save for the ZEISS optics, this is the exact same setup as the pricier X10 phone.
The G20 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G35 chipset (8x A53 @ 2.3 GHz, GE8320 @ 680 MHz). It always comes with 4 GB of RAM, storage is 64 or 128 GB. It is also built around aÂ 6.5â€ LCD with 720p+ resolution (20:9).
The Nokia G20 is also fueled by a 5,050mAh battery and features 3.5mm audio jack, side fingerprint scanner, Google Assistant button(dedicated).
It runs a stock Android 11 OS but note that the G-series gets 2 years of OS updates, coupled with 3 years of monthly security patches.
Nokia G20 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, April 08
- Status: Exp. release 2021, May
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 76 x 9.2 mm (6.49 x 2.99 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 197 g (6.95 oz)
- Colors: Glacier, Night
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash protection
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, (macro)
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5050 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Models: TA-1336, TA-1343, TA-1347
Nokia G20 Price and Availability
The Nokia G20 will be available for purchase in May for â‚¬160 – considering the camera, it is better value for money (â‚¬20 gets you from 13 MP to 48 MP).