However, to help you decide what to watch whenever you logged on to the platform, Netflix has introduced a feature called â€œPlay somethingâ€. It is aimed at solving indecision some users encounter during content selection, and also keeps user in the Netflix app for a while.
On clicking the â€œPlay Somethingâ€, Netflix will choose a series or film from their library for the user to watch, based on the userâ€™s watch history. If the user does not like Netflixâ€™s first choice, they can then click the â€œPlay Something Elseâ€ button. Netflix will then select content from the following:
- A brand new series or film,
- A series or film youâ€™re already watching,
- A series or film on your list, or
- An unfinished series or film you may want to revisit.
The â€œPlay Somethingâ€ can be found in three places in their apps, which includes:
- Underneath your profile name
- The tenth row on your Netflix homepage
- The navigation menu on the left of the screen
The success of this feature will depend on how good Netflixâ€™s selection is based on the userâ€™s watch history.