Mozilla has finally made the new Firefox 88 version available for download. This new version is virtually about enhancing the user privacy, preventing websites from using the Window.name property to track users across websites.
The Window.name property can set or return a string that stores the name of the window. In the same window, all pages share the same Window.name, which gives many websites the opportunity to spy on user privacy.Â In Firefox 88, the browserÂ will automatically clear the Window.name property when navigating between websites.
Full Update Changelog For Firefox 88:
- Print update: Margin units are now localized.
- The Linux version supports smooth pinching and zooming using the touchpad.
- To prevent cross-site privacy leaks, Firefox now isolates the window.name data to the website that created the data.
- Screen readers no longer mistakenly read the visually hidden content of the website, such as articles in the Google Help panel.
- Various security fixes.
- If the user has access to the same device in the same tab of the same website in the past 50 seconds, Firefox will not prompt the user to access the microphone or camera. This reduces the number of times users get prompt to grant access to the device.
- Expunges the â€œTake a Screenshotâ€ function from the page operation menu in the Url bar. To take a screenshot, right-click to open the context menu.Â You can also add screenshot shortcuts directly on the toolbar through the custom menu.Â Open the Firefox menu and select â€œCustomizeâ€¦â€.
- FTP has also been disabledÂ and is planned to be completely removed in an upcoming version.
- Also adds a new switch button to the network panel. This will enable an easy switch between the HTTP response in JSON format and the original data.
Download Firefox 88 version Here
International version download link:Â click here to download
Chinese version download link:Â click here to download