ZTE announced a trio of mid-range 5G phones with the new S30 series. The series include ZTE S30,S30 Pro, and S30SE. The three phones share a passion for display quality, photography and fast charging, it’s just that some are better at those things than others.
ZTE S30 SE
The ZTE S30 SE is a basic 5G phone. You get a Dimensity 700 chipset – a 7nm part, just like the other two – and, despite the naming, performance is comparable with the 720. That is not the main focus of this phone, however, so you get just 6GB of RAM to go with the 128GB storage.
The display is another 6.67” LCD with 1080p+ resolution (20:9), though without the high refresh rate. At least the panel kept the 95% NTSC coverage. As with the vanilla S30, the fingerprint reader is located on the side of the phone.
This phone will offer better battery life, however, with its large 6,000mAh battery. The 18W power adapter means it will take a while to charge, though. At least reverse charging is supported, so you can share the battery with other gadgets. Another bit of good news is that the SE has a 3.5mm jack next to the USB-C port.
The camera department also took a hit. The main sensor has 48MP resolution and tops out at 1080p video. The ultrawide camera is gone, so you just get a 5MP macro cam and a 2MP depth sensor. The selfie camera is nothing to write home about either with its 8 MP sensor.
ZTE S30 SE Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 31
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 03
- Dimensions: 165.8 x 77 x 9.6 mm (6.53 x 3.03 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 210 g (7.41 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11, MyOS 11
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
ZTE S30 SE Price and Availability
The ZTE S30 SE is coming on April 3 with a CNY 1,700 price tag ($260/€220).