ZTE announced a trio of mid-range 5G phones with the new S30 series. Besides next gen connectivity, the three phones share a passion for display quality, photography and fast charging, it’s just that some are better at those things than others.
ZTE S30 Pro
ZTE S30 Pro is the premium of the three as it is powered by a Snapdragon 768G chipset. It comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage as standard and runs MyOS 11, a ZTE skin over Android 11 (all three phones run the same software).
A heat pipe helps keep the chipset cool while the OS’s “memory fusion” tech adds a virtual 3GB to the available RAM. ZTE arranged the 5G antennas so that the phone gets optimal reception in any orientation.
The Pro has two different hobbies. One is gaming – it has an AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate. It’s a 6.67” panel with 1080p+ resolution (20:9), HDR10+ support, 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut and a decent peak brightness of 800 nits. Also, there’s a fingerprint reader built into the display.
Such a battery-intensive hobby will benefit from the 55W fast charging support on the 4,200 mAh battery.
The phone’s other strength is selfies and vlogging with the front camera. Tucked inside a centered punch hole is a 44MP sensor. The Snapdragon’s AI resources are utilized for a number of photo and video effects.
The quad camera on the back features a 64MP main sensor, which can record 4K video at 60 fps. That gives it an edge over certain competitors in this segment.
There’s also an 8MP ultrawide-angle camera (120º). The camera quartet is completed with a 2MP macro cam (4cm focus distance) and a 2MP depth sensor.
ZTE S30 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 4, 12, 17, 20, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 31
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 03
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 75.2 x 7.8 mm (6.44 x 2.96 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 183 g (6.46 oz)
- Colors: Black, Pink/Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 144Hz, HDR10+, 800 nits
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11, MyOS 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM768 Snapdragon 768G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 44 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 4200 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 55W
ZTE S30 Pro Price and Availability
The ZTE S30 Pro will be available for purchase in China from April 3. There’s only one configuration, which will cost CNY 3,000 ($460/€390).