Xiaomi unveiled three new Mi 11 phones today and among them is the Mi 11 Pro. It comes with significant upgrades over the standard version that was announced back in December.
The Mi 11 Pro isn’t the thinnest of devices out there but Xiaomi manages to keep the thickness under 9mm and the weight at 208 grams even with the massive 5000mAh battery.
Mi 11 Pro Launched
Design and Display
The phone has a curved display and a curved back made of glass too. It keeps the camera housing design of the Mi 11 and comes in three colors including a purple that has a frosted finish.
The phone has a 6.81-inch curved Samsung E4 AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. The 10bit display also has Dolby Vision, a first for a Xiaomi phone. Other features are an SGS display protection certification, a maximum brightness of 1700 nits, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus for protection, and a Display Mate A+ rating. It also has an HDR10+ certification. Xiaomi says it has also applied an antibacterial quad-curved screen protector, so you don’t need to get one. You also get an antibacterial case in the box.
There is a Snapdragon 888 processor powering it and it is paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. There is a phase-changing cooling system that helps to keep the device cool. Xiaomi claims that in their test, after 30 minutes of Genshin Impact gameplay, the temperature was 49.3° celsius.
Just like the standard version, you get Harmon Kardon stereo speakers. There is also NFC, an IR blaster, Wi-Fi 6E, and an IP68 rating which is also a first for a Xiaomi phone. The Mi 11 Pro runs MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11 out of the box.
There is a 5000mAh battery inside that comes with a new battery tech for a thinner design. It supports 67W wired and 67W wireless fast charging and 10W reverse wireless charging. Regardless of the one you decide to go with, you will be able to charge the phone from empty to full in just 36 minutes.
The camera department is one of the major upgrades over the standard Mi 11. For the Pro’s main rear camera, Xiaomi has adopted the 50MP Samsung ISOCELL GN2 super sensor with a 1/1.12″ sensor size, the largest camera sensor in a mobile phone. It is also the first camera with a Dual Pixel Pro and has Dual Native ISO Fusion, Stagger HDR, an f/1.95 aperture, OIS, and an 8P lens.
Below it is an 8MP f/3.4 periscope zoom lens with OIS and up to 5x optical zoom, 50x digital zoom, and a focal length of 120mm. The third camera is a 123° 13MP f/2.4 ultrawide angle camera with a 5P lens like the periscope camera. A dual-tone LED flash sits beside the camera housing.
The phone can record in 8K and can also record slow-motion videos at 1920 fps.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 – China
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 29
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 02
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.5 mm (6.47 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 208 g (7.34 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), ceramic back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Green, Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.81 inches, 112.0 cm2 (~91.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~515 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Dolby Vision
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/1.12″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, 120mm (periscope telephoto), PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 16mm, 123˚ (ultrawide)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama, 1.1” AMOLED selfie display
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+ rec.
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with tri-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 36 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 67W, 100% in 39 min (advertised)
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- Quick Charge 4+
- Power Delivery 3.0
Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro comes in three configurations at the following prices:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB = ¥4999 (~$761)
- 8GB RAM + 256GB = ¥5299 (~$807)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB = ¥5699 (~$868)
The phone will be available for pre-order starting tonight and will go on sale on April 2 at 10 AM (Chinese Time).
The phone doesn’t come with a charger by default but there is an option for a free 67W charger at checkout similar to what Xiaomi offered with the Mi 11. Another option is to purchase the phone along with the 80W wireless charger bundle that includes a 120W power adapter for an additional ¥199 (~$30) instead of paying ¥499 (~$76) when you purchase the charger bundle separately.