Xiaomi has unveiled a new handset called the Xiaomi Mi 10S in China. In terms of design, the handset similar to the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. Except for being powered by the Snapdragon 870 chipset, the Mi 10S borrows the other specifications from the Mi 10 5G handset that debuted back in February 2020.
The Xiaomi Mi 10S features a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with curved edges and a hole-punch placed at the upper-left corner. The screen delivers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, a 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 1120nits brightness, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, and 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut. The screen is shielded by Gorilla Glass 5 panel.
The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 870 mobile paired with up to 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM. The phone offers users up to 256 GB of UFS 3.0 storage. The 4,780mAh battery of the smartphone carries support for 33W wired fast charging (charges fully in 56 minutes), 30W wireless charging (charges fully in 69 minutes), and 10W wireless reverse charging. It is equipped with vapor chamber liquid cooling technology for heat dissipation.
At the front, the Xiaomi Mi 10S features a 20-megapixel selfie camera. The back panel of the device has a camera housing, which looks similar to the one available on the Mi 10 Ultra. The vertically ranged camera module has a 108-megapixel primary camera with OIS support and f/1.69 aperture, a 13-megapixel ultrawide lens with a 123-degree FOV, a 2-megapixel macro lens, and a 2-megapixel depth of field lens. The phone carries support for 8K video shooting at 30fps.
The MIUI 12 based Android 11 OS comes preinstalled on the Xiaomi Mi 10 OS. It offers other features like an in-screen fingerprint scanner, dual SIM support, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, dual-frequency GPS, NFC, IR blaster, X-axis linear motor, and USB-C.
Talking about its audio, the Mi 10S features Harman Kardon tuned dual linear stereo speakers that can offer a 360-degree surround sound experience. The company proudly claims that the device has recorded 80 points in the audio benchmarks of DxOMark.
Xiaomi Mi 10S Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 10
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 12
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 74.8 x 9 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 208 g (7.34 oz)
- Colors: Titanium Black, Ice Blue, Pearl White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 1120 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 109.2 cm2 (~89.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~386 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, MIUI 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.0
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 123˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4780 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 56 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 30W, 100% in 69 min (advertised)
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 4+
Xiaomi Mi 10S Price and Availability
The prices of the Xiaomi Mi 10S models is as follow;
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage costs 3,299 Yuan (~$506)
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage costs 3,499 Yuan (~$537)
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage costs 3,799 Yuan (~$583).
- Colors: Black, blue, and white.
The handset is now up for pre-orders and its first sale is scheduled to take place in China starting at 10 AM on March 12. Customers who pre-order the device will get a 30W wireless charger among other purchase benefits. There is no word on the global availability of the Mi 10S.