vivo has launched the iQOO Z3 in China, an affordable 5G phone with fast charging and some gaming inspirations based on the Snapdragon 768G chipset and a 120Hz display. The Z3 is currently in the pre-sale stage, availability is set for 7 days from now.
The Snapdragon 768G chipset is connected to a heat pipe that leads to a graphite heat sink that then transfers the heat into the air. vivo makes the bold claim that this system drops the chipset temperature by 10ºC.
The chipset is hooked up to 6GB or 8GB of RAM (LPDDR4X dual channel) and 128GB or 256GB of storage (UFS 2.2). Storage can be expanded with a microSD card up to 1 TB. The phone comes with OriginOS (based on Android 11) out of the box.
The phone has a 6.58” LCD with 1080p+ resolution (20:9 aspect ratio). The screen supports HDR10 and has a 120 Hz refresh rate plus 180 Hz touch sampling rate. There’s a 16 MP selfie camera (f/2.0) tucked into the teardrop notch. It does face unlock or you can use the side-mounted fingerprint reader.
The main camera on the back features a 64MP sensor (f/1.8) and it can record 4K video. Joining it are the 8MP ultrawide-angle camera (120°, 108º after distortion correction) and a 2MP macro cam.
The iQOO Z3 is powered by a 4,400mAh battery that supports 55W Flash Charge. This enables quick top ups – 15% to 60% takes only 15 minutes. And you get the necessary adapter and capable in the box.
The phone has a 3.5 mm headphone jack. If you want to go wireless instead, aptX HD and LDAC are supported. Either way, there’s a “4D” haptic feedback system that should provide a more immersive experience.
The Qualcomm chipset enables 5G connectivity, which has lower latency than 4G. Since vivo designed this phone with gaming in mind, it carefully placed the antennas so that they work well in landscape while you hold the phone with both hands.
vivo QOO Z3 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 25
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 01
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.3 x 8.5 mm (6.46 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 185.5 g (6.56 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, HDR10, 120Hz
- Size: 6.58 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~84.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS for iQOO 1.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM768 Snapdragon 768G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7X”, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4[email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4400 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 55W
vivo iQOO Z3 Price and Availability
The iQOO Z3 is available through the vivo’s official web store and other online retailers like JD.com. The first sales will start Thursday next week at;
- CNY 1,700 ($260/€220) for the base 6/128 GB model
- CNY 1,800 for the 8/128 GB
- CNY 2,000 for the 8/256 GB options
Please note that the Z3 is an upgraded version of vivo Y72 5G.