Samsung has finally launched the Galaxy A52 alongside the Galaxy A72. Unlike the A72, the A52 comes in both 4G and 5G variants. Letâ€™s take a look at the specs and features of the device.
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G and 5G Launched
The Samsung Galaxy A52 4G and 5G have a plastic back, measure 75.1 x 159.9 x 8.4mm and weigh 189 grams. The devices feature a 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED
Infinity-O Display. This display has a resolution of 2400Ã—1080 pixels, 407 PPI, and brightness up to 800 nits.
Here, the 4G version has a 90Hz refresh rate whereas the 5G version comes with a 120Hz panel. Both the displays are also SGS certified and are Eye Care Display low blue light certification.
Under the hood, the Galaxy A52 4G is powered by Snapdragon 720G chipset while the 5G variant has an Octa-core chipset with 2x cores at 2.2GHz + and 6x cores clocked at 1.8GHz. This is probably the Snapdragon 750G chipset. Apart from internal storage, the devices also come with a MicroSD for storage expansion up to 1 TB.
For cameras, we have a Quad-camera setup with a 64MP f/1.8 lens with OIS, 12MP f/2.2 ultrawide, 5MP f/2.4 macro, and a 5MP f/2.4 depth sensor. Upfront, there is a 32MP f/2.2 front camera.
Samsung has included camera features like 4K Video Snap,Â Scene Optimizer, Night mode, AR emoji and My Filters, and a Fun mode(Snapchat partnership) where you can apply AR Lenses from Snapchat while using the native camera.
Other features include a 4,500mAh battery with 25W charging, MicroSD slot(up to 1TB), 4G LTE, 5G Sub6 FDD, 5G Sub6 TDD(on Galaxy A52 5G), Wi-Fi 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, NFC, and MST(differs by regions).
The devies also sport a Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers tuned by AKG, surround sound with Dolby Atmos, display fingerprint scanner, face unlock, Samsung Knox security, SmartThings find, IP67 water & dust resistance, Android 11 with One UI 3.1 on top.
As always, Samsung promises three generations of Android upgrades and up to four years of security updates on the Galaxy A52 devices.
Samsung Galaxy A52 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G bands: SA/NSA â€“ 5G Model
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G (only available on 5G model)
- Announced: 2021, March 17
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 26
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm (6.30 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Colors: Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Violet, Awesome Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Super AMOLED, 90Hz, 800 nits (peak) â€“ 4G model
- Super AMOLED, 120Hz, 800 nits (peak) â€“ 5G model
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm) â€“ 4G model
- Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) â€“ 5G model
- Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver) â€“ 4G model
- Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570) â€“ 5G model
- Adreno 618 â€“ 4G model
- Adreno 619 â€“ 5G model
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7X”, 0.8Âµm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 123Ëš (ultrawide), 1.12Âµm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
- 4G version: SM-A525F, SM-A525F/DS
- 5G version: SM-A526B, SM-A526B/DS, SM-A5260
Samsung Galaxy A52 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A52 4G and 5G comes in four colors- Awesome White, Awesome Black, Awesome Violet, and Awesome Blue. You can take a look at the storage variants below:
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
- 4GB + 128GB
- 6GB + 128GB
- 8GB + 256GB
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- 6GB + 128GB
- 8GB + 256GB
The 4G version starts at â‚¬349 whereas the 5G models will be available from â‚¬429 in Europe. As for availability, the devices go on sale in select markets starting today whereas in the US, they will be available from April. In Nigeria, the 4G model starts at N139,500.