As earlier promised Realme has launched Snapdragon 888-powered flagship today called the Realme GT 5G. The handset brings an impressive hardware, fast charging and even has a 3.5mm audio jack â€“ not common on flagships these days.
Realme GT 5G Is True Flagship, Yet Cheaper
The Realme GT features a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED panel with Full HD+ resolution. The display supports 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate with five different settings, depending on the user’s preference.
The Snapdragon 888 is coupled with either 8GB or 12GB LPDDR5 RAM alongside 128GB or 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. Thereâ€™s no microSD slot for expanding that, but the card slot holds two nano-SIM cards.
The Realme GT 5G has three shooters on the back, of which only two are really useful. You get a 64MP main camera and an 8MP ultrawide unit alongside a 2MP macro camera. The selfie camera has 16MP resolution and sits inside a punch hole in the upper left corner.
Since the Realme GT has a flagship-tier chipset, it has EIS and can easily record 4K/60fps videos, while slow-mo support goes back to 720p/480 fps./p>0
The battery of the GT is 4,500 mAh with 65W fast charging over the wire, but there’s no support for wireless charging.
You get the latest Bluetooth 5.2 as well as all support for Wi-Fi standards all the way to 6e. The Dolby Atmos-tuned sound setup includes a bottom firing speaker and the earpiece doubling as a second one for stereo purposes.
The Realme GT runs Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 and comes with the latest HyperBoost 4.0 package for allocating as much resources as possible to gaming when you need that extra bit of performance.
Realme GT 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 04
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm (Glass) / 9.1 mm (Leather)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Colors: Galactic Silver, Deep Sea Blue, Dawn Yellow
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 16mm, 119Ëš (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 35 min (advertised)
Realme GT 5G Price and Availability
The Realme GT 5G is available in three colors – Galactic Silver, Deep Sea Blue, and Dawn Yellow with a leather-like finish.
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage costs CNY2,799 ($430/â‚¬360) – Available in Galactic Silver, Deep Sea Blue color options)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage costs CNY3,299 ($510/â‚¬420) â€“ Available in all the three color options
The first flash sale will take place in China and is scheduled for later today. Thereâ€™s no info yet when the Realme GT will come to global markets.