POCO Global has officially launched the POCO X3 Pro. It is an all-new phone and a successor to POCO X3 NFC. Last year, POCO X3 NFC was announced and it became very popular thanks to the features like 120Hz refresh rate display, Snapdragon 732G, and more. And today with the POCO X3 Pro, the company has improved the performance even more. Let’s check out the POCO X3 Pro in detail below.
First off, the POCO X3 Pro is powered by an all-new Qualcomm Snapdragon 860. It is a 7nm-based chipset and it sits between the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ and 860 processors. The chipset uses the Adreno 640 GPU. According to the company, POCO X3 Pro was able to get an average of 50 frames per second in Genshin Impact on high settings. It is quite good considering Genshin Impact is a graphics intense game.
The phone also has a faster UFS 3.1 storage and up to 8GB RAM, unlike POCO X3 NFC which was limited to 6GB RAM. The phone also has an expandable storage option of up to 1TB. The phone has a 5160mAH battery with 33W fast charging.
As per the camera department, the POCO X3 Pro has a quad-camera setup comprising of a 48MP Sony IMX582 primary sensor, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensors. The camera has many features thanks to the flagship 800-series chipset. It features an Ultra-wide night mode, Video Clones, Dual video, and more. The phone has a 20MP front-facing camera. The phone also has a Night Mode selfie feature.
On the front, POCO X3 Pro features a 6.67-inch IPS LCD panel with a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. The phone has a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the front as well. The phone maintains a similar design to last year’s X3 NFC. Although, there are minor changes. This time it is a matte finish thanks to the dual texture body back.
The phone also features anti-fingerprint sides. The phone keeps the dual stereo speakers from last year. Although this time, it gets certified from DxOMark audio with 63 points. Other notable features include IR Blaster, NFC, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
POCO X3 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, March 22
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 24
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4 mm (6.51 x 3.02 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 215 g (7.58 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), plastic back
- Colors: Phantom Black, Frost Blue, Metal Bronze
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz, HDR10, 450 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 11, MIUI 12 for POCO
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5160 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 59% in 30 min, 100% in 59 min (advertised)
POCO X3 Pro Price and Availability
POCO X3 Pro comes in two configurations. You can take a look at the official pricing below:
- 6GB RAM + 128GB – 249 euros
- 8GB RAM + 256GB – 299 euros
Although these are official prices, POCO has introduced early bird pricing for both the storage variants. Accordingly, the 6GB RAM variant will be sold for 199 euros while the 8GB version will retail for 249 euros.
The device will be available for pre-booking from Today (March) and for purchase from March 24 across different channels like Amazon, Mi Home, eBay, Shopee, Goboo, and more. The early bird pricing will mostly run through to April 1(POCO hasn’t mentioned this exactly).