POCO has launched the POCO F3 phone. The new device joins the growing list of flagship killers, and for POCO, this phone takes it back to its roots.
The POCO F3 is just a rebadged Redmi K40, so nothing new about its design. However, alongside the Night Black and Arctic White color options, it comes in a special Deep Ocean Blue colorway that the Redmi K40 isnâ€™t available in. This color finish has three different shades of blue that make the phone stand out.
The POCO F3 features a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED flat DotDisplay with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 360Hz touch sampling rate. It packs features such as MEMC, True Color, HDR10+, a 360Â° light sensor, and a peak brightness of 1300 nits. It also has a feature called True Display which automatically adjusts color warmth based on your environment.
As expected, there is a Snapdragon 870 processor inside which brings 5G and it is paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The back of the phone which is covered in Gorilla Glass 5 just as the front, is home to three cameras. There is a 48MP Sony IMX582 f/1.79 main camera, an 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide angle camera with a 119Â° FOV, and a 5MP f/2.4 telemacro camera. The selfie camera is a 5MP sensor.
POCO has packed the phone with several camera features for both stills and videos. The phone also has a dedicated microphone on the back for video recording and has a feature called audio zoom.
There is a 4520mAh battery inside the phone that POCO claims will provide up to 2 days of usage. It also supports 33W fast charging via USB-C, allowing you to charge from empty to full in just 52 minutes. The POCO F3 has Dolby Atmos Hi-res Audio, Hi-Res Audio Wireless, Dual Speakers, an IR blaster, and an X-axis linear motor. It also has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The POCO F3 also has Wi-Fi 6.
POCO F3 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 22
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 27
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Colors: Arctic White, Night Black, Deep Ocean Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 900 nits (typ), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, MIUI 12 for POCO
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119Ëš (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12Âµm, AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Cameras: Single – 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4520 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
POCO F3 Price and Availability
The POCO F3 is priced at â‚¬349 for the 6GB RAM + 128GB version, however, early buyers will get it for â‚¬299. The 8GB RAM version with 256GB of storage is â‚¬399 but can be purchased at an early bird price of â‚¬349.
The early bird sale runs from March 27 to April 6. It will be available for purchase first on POCOâ€™s online store as well as the stores in the image above. It will also be available later at the online stores in the image below.
POCO will also be offering one free screen replacement in the first 6 months