The Oppo Find X3 Pro has finally been unveiled – the flagship with two 50MP cameras, a new 10bit screen with adaptive refresh rate, and the latest Snapdragon 888 chipset. Arguably its most impressive feature however is the design of the back, which is manufactured from a single piece of glass that flows seamlessly in a continuous curve.
Oppo Find X3 Pro Launched
Design and Display
The phone is built around a 6.7” LTPO AMOLED display with QHD+ resolution that allows the refresh rate to go between 5Hz and 120Hz, giving you extra smoothness when needed and battery savings when not. The Find X3 Pro also has a 240Hz touch sampling rate.
The quad-camera setup on the back features two Sony IMX766 sensors (each of them 1/1.56” in size) – one for the main wide-angle camera behind an f/1.8 lens, the other for the ultra-wide-angle shooter sitting behind an f/2.2 lens. The main cam also offers OIS, EIS, and All Pixel Omni-directional PDAF that should deliver quick and accurate focus in all lighting conditions.
There is also a 13 MP f/2.4 telephoto camera that offers a 5x hybrid zoom. It actually has a 52mm effective focal length (about 2x optical zoom) with the rest being covered by digital zooming.
A 3MP macro camera completes the ensemble on the back. It’s not your average macro unit, however, that’s mostly there to make the numbers – this one lets you zoom really close (up to 60x magnification) and even seen sub-pixels on a smartphone display or microscopic pieces on a surface. It does 1080p video too.
There is one camera on the front it has a 32MP sensor and is sitting inside a punch hole in the upper left corner.
The Oppo Find X3 Pro comes with 5G connectivity, thanks to the Snapdragon 888 chipset and its Snapdragon X60 modem. It will support up to 13 bands, both on the SA and NSA spectrum, which Oppo says is more than any other flagship smartphone on the market.
The Oppo Find X3 Pro also brings support for wireless charging – a first in the lineup. It is called AirVOOC Wireless Flash Charge and offers up to 30W through a dedicated stand. The company says filling the whole 4,500 mAh battery from 0 to 100% would take just 80 minutes.
Of course, there’s also speedy wired charging – SuperVOOC 2.0 65W, which gets the battery from 0 to 40% in 10 minutes, and should deliver a full charge in around 30 minutes.
Other connectivity options include the latest Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6E and USB 3.1.
The Find X3 Pro comes with ColorOS 11.2, based on Android 11 and offers Dolby Atmos-certified Stereo Speakers.
Oppo Find X3 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66 – International
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66 – China
- 5G bands:
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA – International
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 11
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 30
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 74 x 8.3 mm (6.44 x 2.91 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 193 g (6.81 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Gloss Black, Blue, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, eSIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, BT.2020, 500 nits (typ), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~89.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 2x optical zoom, PDAF
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 110˚ (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, omnidirectional PDAF
- 3 MP, f/3.0, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps; gyro-EIS; HDR, 10‑bit video
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: Panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes (dual antenna)
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 40% in 10 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 30W, 100% in 80 min (advertised)
- Reverce wireless charging 10W
- SuperVOOC 2.0
- USB Power Delivery
Models: CPH2173, PEEM00
Oppo Find X3 Pro Price and Availability
OPPO Find X3 Pro (China, Global)
- Global Version – Gloss Black, Gloss Blue
- China Version – Condensed White, Mist Blue, Mirror Black, Cosmic Mocha
Global – 12GB + 256GB – €1,149
- 8GB + 256GB – CNY 5,499 ($848)
- 12GB + 256GB – CNY 5,999 ($925)
- 16GB + 512GB – CNY 6,999 ($1,079)
As for availability, the devices will go on sale officially at 10:00 AM Beijing time on March 19 in China. For Global markets, the ‘Pro’ variant will be available for purchase from March 30.