OnePlus announced the gaming-focused OnePlus 9R alongside the OnePlus 9, 9 Pro. This device features a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 870 chipset, and more. Letâ€™s checkout its specs, features, and price.
The device features a 6.55-inch FHD+ flexible AMOLED display panel with a 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate(when using up to 5 fingers at the same time).
This display has a resolution of 2400Ã—1080 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, supports DCI-P3 and sRGB gamuts, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
The OnePlus 9R measures has the same camera layout as the other two OnePlus 9 series but not the same optics. The device comes in two colors- Carbon Black, Lake Blue. Upfront, it has a display with a punch-hole at the top-left.
Unlike the OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, the 9R is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chipset. We have been seeing this chipset on many devices including the recently launched POCO F3. This is paired with 8/12GB RAM and 128/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage.
Since the device is focused more on gaming, it has up to 14 temperature sensors for monitoring the temperature of the device. It also has Pro Gaming Mode, Immersive Haptic feedback (linear motors), Stereo speakers (Dolby Atmos).
For cameras, the OnePlus 9R has a triple-camera on the back with a 48MP f/1.75 Sony IMX586 main lens, 16MP Sony IMX481 ultrawide with 123-degree FOV, 2MP monochrome, and a 5MP macro sensor. Upfront, the device has the same 16MP Sony IMX471 selfie shooter.
Camera features include Cyberpunk style filter, CINE Aspect Ratio Video Recording, Video Portrait, UltraShot HDR, Nightscape, Macro, Portrait, Pro Mode, Panorama, Smart Pet Capture, AI Scene Detection, RAW Image, Filter, Video Focus Tracking, Super Stable, and Video Nightscape.
Other features include a dual nano-SIM, 5G(X55 5G modem), in-display fingerprint sensor,Â stereo speakers, Type-C port, 4,500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65T support, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11.
OnePlus 9R Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 40, 41, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 23
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April 14
- Dimensions: 161 x 74.1 x 8.4 mm (6.34 x 2.92 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colors: Carbon Black, Lake Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Fluid AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~86.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Always-on display
- Android 11, OxygenOS 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 123Ëš (ultrawide), 1/3.6″, 1.0Âµm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: Auto-HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 1-100% in 39 min (advertised)
OnePlus 9R Price and Availability
OnePlus 9R comes in two storage variants. You can take a look at their official pricing below:
8GB + 128GB â€“ INR 39,999 ($550/â‚¬465)
12GB + 256GB-INR 43,999 ($605/â‚¬510)
Pre-orders for the device starts early April in India and sale starts on April 14. Stay tuned to our channels as we update the details. Apart from India, the device will also be launched in China tomorrow(March 24).
Along with this, the company also launched official cases and external gaming triggers. However, the price & availability of these triggers hasnâ€™t been announced yet.