Motorola has unveiled the flagship Moto G100 in the global markets. With this, the company has also brought a budget 5G smartphone, the Moto G50. Letâ€™s take a look at its specs, features, and price.
The Motorola Moto G50 has a similar design to the recently launched Moto G30 with a notch design and polycarbonate back panel. It has a 6.5-inch Max Vision HD+ display with a waterdrop notch. This display has a resolution of 1600Ã—720 pixels, 90Hz refresh rate, 269 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio, and 85% screen-body ratio.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a Snapdragon 480 5G chipset. This is paired with a 4GB RAM and a 64/128GB storage option. Apart from this, you can also expand the storage via a microSD card slot up to 1TB.
Per cameras, it has a triple-camera setup on the back with a 48 MP f/1.7 main lens, 5MP f/2.4 macro, and 2MP f/2.4 depth sensors. Upfront, you get a 13MP f/2.2 selfie shooter. Camera features include HDR, Timer, Active photos, Pro mode, Portrait mode, Timelapse video, Hyperlapse video, and more.
Other features include a 5,000mAh battery with 15W charging support(10W charger inbox), rear fingerprint sensor, face unlock, 3.5mm audio jack, Type-C port, Wi-Fi 5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GNSS(GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo), 4G LTE(Hybrid SIM slot), and Android 11 OS.
Motorola Moto G50 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 25
- Status: Exp. release 2021, April
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 74.9 x 9 mm (6.49 x 2.95 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 192 g (6.77 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Steel Gray, Aqua Green
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: IPS LCD, 90Hz
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1.12Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer (market dependant)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: XT2137-1, XT2137-2
Moto G50 Price and Availability
The Moto G50 comes with 4GB RAM and 64/128GB storage options and is available in two colors options – Aqua Green and Steel Gray. The device can be purchased for a starting price of â‚¬249.99 and in certain markets like Spain, the 4/128GB goes up to â‚¬269.
The device will be available in Spain from April 15 while other markets should it get at a similar date, i.e., in the coming weeks.