Meizu today unveiled its 18 series in China today. The Meizu 18 and 18 Pro both run Snapdragon 888 chipsets with 5G, offer up to 12GB of RAM, and they are both on sale in China starting today.
Meizu 18 is a more compact phone with a 6.2-inch 3200x1440px AMOLED display and has the same 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz sampling rate as its Pro version. It also has a quad-curved front glass.
The Meizu 18 is equal to the Pro in terms of performance with a Snapdragon 888 chipset, 8GB or 12GB of RAM, UFS 3.1 storage and 5G support.
Camera-wise the Meizu 18 brings a 64MP f/1.6 Sony IMX682 main camera, 16MP f/2.2 ultrawide unit, 8MP 3x telephoto camera, but no 3D ToF sensor. The selfie camera is a 20MP f/2.2 one.
Finally the Meizu 18 has a 4,000mAh battery with 36W charging. The 18 lacks wireless charging.
Meizu will ship both the 18 and 18 Pro in a retail box with a single USB cable, but will open a campaign where it will give a new charger in exchange two old ones.
Meizu 18 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 03
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 08
- Dimensions: 152.4 x 69.2 x 8.2 mm (6.00 x 2.72 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 162 g (5.71 oz)
- Colors: Light Blue, White, Aurora
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 420 nits (typ), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.2 inches, 93.8 cm2 (~88.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Android 11, Flyme 9
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP f/2.4, 79mm (telephoto), 1/4.4″, 1.0Âµm, PDAF, 3x optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 122Ëš (ultrawide), 1/3.0″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 Ð°/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 36W, 40% in 15 min, 100% in 50 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
Meizu 18 Price and Availability
Both Meizu 18’s are on pre-sale today and will launch in stores on March 8. The Meizu 18 will come in White, Blue and Purple and in 8/128GB, 8/256GB and 12/256GB, priced CNY 4,399, CNY 4,699 and CNY 4,999, respectively.