Today, Meizu launched the Meizu 18 series which has two models â€“ Meizu 18 and Meizu 18 Pro. According to the company, it is not settling for less and both devices are flagships. In addition to the Meizu 18 Pro, which focuses on the ultimate performance, the Meizu 18 is light and elegant. Both smartphones come with the Snapdragon 888 SoC, LPDDR5 RAM, UFS 3.1 storage, and more.
Meizu 18 Pro
The Meizu 18 Pro is the bigger of the two with a 6.7-inch 3200x1440px Samsung E4 AMOLED that supports 120Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate.
The front glass is curved on all four sides – 50-degrees on the left and right and 5-degrees on the top and bottom. Meizu has gone with Qualcomm’s latest 3D ultrasonic fingerprint scanner underneath the display.
The Meizu 18 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 888 5nm chipset with a X60 5G modem built-in. There are either 8GB or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM paired with the SoC, while the storage is 128GB or 256GB of UFS 3.1.
The Meizu 18 Pro has four sensors on the rear. The main camera has a 50MP Samsung GN1 sensor and f/1.9 lens, next to it is a 32MP f/2.2 Sony IMX616 ultrawide camera with a 130-degree field of view and focusing from 2cm for macros. There are also an 8MP 3x zoom camera (78mm equivalent) and a 3D ToF sensor. On the front the Meizu 18 Pro has a 44MP selfie shooter.
The Meizu 18 Pro has a 4,500mAh battery with support for 40W wired charging and 10W reverse-wireless charging.
Meizu 18 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 03
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 08
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 73 x 8.1 mm (6.40 x 2.87 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 189 g (6.67 oz)
- Colors: Blue, White, Gray
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 420 nits (typ), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 107.6 cm2 (~90.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~526 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 11, Flyme 9
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2Âµm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP f/2.4, 79mm (telephoto), 1/4.4″, 1.0Âµm, PDAF, 3x optical zoom
- 32 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 130Ëš (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 0.8Âµm
- 3 MP, TOF 3D, f/1.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 44 MP, f/2.4, (wide), 1/2.65â€, 0.7Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 Ð°/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, IRNSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 40W, 40% in 15 min, 100% in 50 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 40W
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
Meizu 18 Pro Price and Availability
Both Meizu 18’s are on pre-sale today and will launch in stores on March 8. The Meizu 18 Pro comes in White, Blue and Grey and in the same 8/128GB, 8/256GB and 12/256GB configurations. Prices are CNY 4,999, CNY 5,499 and CNY 5,999, respectively.