iQOO Neo5 Launched
Design and Display
The iQOO Neo5 is just 8.43mm thick and weighs 196 grams despite sporting a bigger battery. On the back, we have the Matrix Triple camera module with an iQOO logo beneath and a finish that iQOO says is made of AG Frosted Glass.
The device sports a 6.62-inch Samsung FHD+ AMOLED FHD+(2400×1080) punch-hole display. This Samsung display not only has a 120Hz refresh rate but an adaptive refresh rate as low as 30Hz. IT supports DC dimming, a peak brightness of 1300 nits, 20:9 aspect ratio, 91.45% screen-body ratio, and a contrast ratio of 6,000,000:1.
The display also has an instant touch sampling rate of 1000Hz and a touch report rate of 300Hz with a delay of 0.053s. iQOO has enabled Super touch acceleration for this and has also calibrated the display for true colors (Delta E~0.49, JNCD~0.39). It is HDR10+, covers 105% of the NTSC gamut, and is SGS (Eyecare display) certified.
Performance and Camera
Under the hood, the iQOO Neo5 is powered by a Snapdragon 870 5G chipset. This is paired with 8/12GB LPDDR4x RAM(supports memory Fusion- where 8GB is equivalent to 11GB) and enhanced 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage. iQOO has put a lot of effort into the performance of the device to get a 110% increase in CPU performance, 21.28% in-memory performance, Multi-Turbo 5.0.
For gaming, the device has an independent dual-core display chip for higher frame rates, linear motors for haptics with 4D vibration, Hi-Res Audio certified, dedicated Game box mode built-in, and dual-speakers.
For cameras, it has a Triple camera setup on the back with a 48MP f/1.79 Sony IMX598 main lens with OIS, 13MP f/2.2 ultra-wide, and a 2MP f/2.4 monochrome sensor. Upfront, we have a 16MP f/2.0 front camera for selfies.
iQOO has added a lot of camera-centric features like Raw HDR 2.0, Pixel shift UHD imaging, superb Night camera 5.0, super night portrait, HDR Panorama night mode, ultra-stable video with OIS, pro sports mode, cinema mode with 2.35:1 video format.
The iQOO Neo5 is officially certified by KPL as a gaming machine. The device 5G connectivity with a 5G antenna arranged to aid gamers, Wi-Fi 6, with smart Wi-Fi acceleration, and MEMC for frame rate doubling. For cooling, the device has what iQOO calls full-coverage Fluid-cooled Heat dissipation.
That is, we have a heat-dissipating graphite plate spread over an area of 6000mm sq. which is 120% bigger compared to its predecessor. The additional copper pipe running behind the frame and other elements help achieve better cooling.
Other features include a 4,400mAh battery with 66W Flash Charge support, NFC, GNSS, BeiDou, USB-C, Bluetooth 5.1, 5GHz Wi-Fi, in-display fingerprint and face unlock, and OriginOS based on Android 11.
This OriginOS developed for iQOO has some features like Klotksi grid, Nano alerts, Small window, Behavioral wallpaper, Logitech G4 inspired Keyboard skin, and multiple mechanical keyboard themes, and more.
iQOO Neo5 Full Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 16
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March 22
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm (6.43 x 3.01 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Orange
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.62 inches, 105.8 cm2 (~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS for iQOO
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4400 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W, 100% in 30 min (advertised)
iQOO Neo5 Price and Availability
The iQOO Neo5 comes in three memory variants and three different colors. The colors are Pixel Orange, Night Shadow Black, and Cloud Shadow Blue. You can take a look at the pricing below:
- 8GB + 128GB – 2,499 yuan($384)
- 8GB + 256GB – 2,699 yuan($415)
- 12GB + 256GB – 2,999 yuan($461)
As for availability, pre-orders begin today (Mar. 16) at 20:50 Beijing time and the device goes on sale on March 22 at 0:00. Users can purchase the device from Vivo’s official store, and a lot of online partners like JD.com, Suning, Tmall, and more.
Apart from iQOO Neo5, the company also launched some accessories. The prices of them are below:
- iQOO wireless Sport Neckband earphones– 199 yuan($30.61)
- iQOO External Wind cooling Clip– 169 yuan($26)
- iQOO Flash Charging Game Data Cable– 59 yuan($9)
- iQOO Neo5 Protective case(Blue, Black, Orange)- 49 yuan($7.6)