Despite its faded glory, HTC hasn’t given up and has today unveiled a new phone. It has released the HTC Wildfire E3 – an entry-level smartphone with four cameras, a big battery and a Mediatek chipset.
The Wildfire E3 runs on Helio P22 platform with octa-core CPU running at 2.0GHz. It has 3/4 GB RAM and two storage options – 64GB or 128GB, with up to 128GB more through a microSD slot.
The screen of the phone is a 6.5-inch LCD with HD+ resolution. Thereâ€™s no room for the fingerprint scanner on the front, so the sensor made its way to the back.
Speaking about the back, the main camera setup includes a 13MP main shooter, an 8MP ultrawide-angle snapper and two 2MP sensors – one for macro images, another for portrait photos. The front-facing camera is also 13 MP, hidden behind a waterdrop notch.
The phone comes with a 4,000 mAh battery, charged through the USB-C port. Other connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.2, a 3.5 mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac both on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, Dual LTE support. The OS is Android 10.
HTC Wildfire E3 Specification
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, March 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March
- Dimensions: 165.7 x 76.6 x 9 mm (6.52 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.52 inches, 104.4 cm2 (~82.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~264 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 13 MP, f/2.0, (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
HTC Wildfire E3 Price and Availability
The HTC Wildfire E3 comes in two colors – Blue or Black. It is currently listed at the Russian retailer Citilink, but pricing and availability are yet to be revealed.