Xiaomi’s gaming sub-brand Black Shark has launched its latest series of gaming smartphones with the Black Shark 4 and Black Shark 4 Pro. The phones have a lot in common, with differences being in the chipset and camera department, but overall both look like impressive gaming devices.
Black Shark 4 Pro
The Black Shark 4 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 888 flagship processor. It also uses the UFS 3.1 storage as well as LPDDR5 RAM.
The smartphone uses a Samsung E4 material AMOLED gaming screen. This display supports a 144Hz screen refresh rate, and a 720Hz touch sampling rate. Its touch response delay is as low as 8.3ms.
The Black Shark 4 Pro further uses a new “sandwich” liquid cooling system. It has a built-in double-layer three-dimensional heat dissipation system. This system increases the heat dissipation efficiency by 30%. It also reduces the CPU core temperature by 18 degrees.
The disk array system is composed of an enhanced version of UFS3.1+ customized SSD. This increases the storage read performance by up to 55%. The storage write performance also increases by up to 69%. This greatly increases the speed of game installation and file processing.
The Black Shark 4 Pro uses a full-scene X antenna intelligent switching system and a built-in network acceleration system.
In the camera department, the Black Shark 4 Pro comes with a 64MP main camera. The two other lenses are an 8MP wide-angle and 5MP macro lenses.
Just like the Black Shark 4, the Pro model also uses a 4500 mAh capacity battery. This battery also supports 120W ultra-fast flash charging. According to Black Shark, this device can get a full charge in 15 minutes. It can get up to 50% charge in 5 minutes. The Black Shark 4 Pro also uses a cooling rear clip with a built-in temperature display. Thus, users can see the temperature of the device in real-time.
The Black Shark 4 Pro also uses a 15V ultra-high power smart power amplifier. This increases the drive power by 50%. This smartphone also comes with an ultra-large amplitude dual 1216 linear speakers and a 1.5CC full symmetrical ultra-large sound cavity design.
Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A; 5G
- Announced: 2021, March 23
- Status: Exp. release 2021, March
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 76.4 x 9.9 mm (6.45 x 3.01 x 0.39 in)
- Weight: 220 g (7.76 oz)
- Colors: Black, Dark Blue, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Physical pop-up gaming triggers
- Type: Super AMOLED, 144Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Always-on display
- Android 11, Joy UI 12.5
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.97″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected]; HDR10+
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 50% in 5 min, 100% in 15 min (advertised)
Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro Price and Availability
The Black Shark 4 Pro comes in more colour options than the regular version. It is available in Black, Gray, Ink Sea Black, and Pink.
Black Shark 4 Pro
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥3,999 ($614)
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥4,499 ($691)
- 16GB + 512GB – ¥5,299 ($814)
The smartphones are currently up for pre-order in China and their first sale is scheduled for March 26 in the country.