A lot of people enjoy using third-party WhatsApp messenger, popularly known as modded WhatsApp because of the excellent features it carries. Of a truth, Modded WhatsApp comes with a lot of features absent on the original WhatsApp which has made it difficult for users of it to switch.
Since this does not go down well with the Facebook-own company, it decided to update its FAQ, stating it will delete the accounts of those who are using WhatsApp Plus and GB WhatsApp because they are violating their policy.
According to WhatsApp,
If you received an in-app message stating your account is â€œTemporarily bannedâ€ this means that youâ€™re likely using an unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of the official WhatsApp app. If you donâ€™t switch to the official app after being temporarily banned, your account might be permanently banned from using WhatsApp.
Unsupported apps, such as WhatsApp Plus, GB WhatsApp, or apps that claim to move yourÂ WhatsApp chatsÂ between phones, are altered versions of WhatsApp.
Switch to Official Version of WhatsApp
To move to the official WhatsApp app, you must ensure you back up your chat history. The name of the unsupported app youâ€™re using determines whether you need to transfer your chat history.
Locate the name of the app by tappingÂ More OptionsÂ >Â SettingsÂ >Â HelpÂ >Â App info. Follow the steps below based on the name of the app: WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
For GB WhatsApp Users
- Wait for your temporary ban to end. The timer will show you the length of the ban.
- In GB WhatsApp messenger, tapÂ More optionsÂ >Â ChatsÂ >Â Back up chats.
- Go toÂ Phone SettingsÂ > tapÂ StorageÂ >Â Files.
- Find the folder GB WhatsApp and tap and hold to select it.
- In the upper right corner tapÂ MoreÂ >Â RenameÂ and rename the folder to â€œWhatsAppâ€.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the official WhatsApp app.
- In WhatsApp, verify your phone number
- On the Backup found screen, tapÂ RestoreÂ >Â Next.
- WhatsApp should load with your existing chats.
If your chat history was previously saved, it should automatically transfer to the official WhatsApp app. Learn how to save your chat history in ourÂ Help Center.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the WhatsApp app. If you can’t access the Play Store, download the appÂ here.
- Verify your phone number.
According to the company, if your chat history was previously saved, it should automatically transfer to the official WhatsApp app when downloaded.