Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy A02 smartphone a some African countries including Nigeria. The device is the trimmed down version of the Galaxy A02s, and as such, comes with a cheaper price tag. Even though same PLS display with 6.5-inches dewdrop screen is used on both phone, the A02 is only given a quad-core CPU, while the A02s is based on the an octa-core CPU from Qualcomm.
The Galaxy A02 is either available in 2GB RAM with 32GB ROM or 3GB RAM with 64GB ROM. There is the older MediaTek MT6739 quad-core CPU on the inside, clocked at 1.5GHz, along with PowerVR GE8100 GPU.
Speaking about photography, the phone comes with a dual 8MP primary and 0.3MP depth lens along with an LED flash, while a single 8MP selfie is used in the notch upfront. Battery power comes from a 5000mAh juice with 7.75W charger, while Google Android 10 is available out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy A02 key Specifications
- Dimension: 164.0 x 75.9x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 206 g
- Display: 6.5-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) HD+ notch display with 20:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Quad-Core 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6739WA with PowerVR GE8100
- Storage and RAM: 32/64GB and 2/3GB RAM; expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10
- Camera: Dual-rear cameras (8MP primary and 0.3 MP Depth) with single LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP selfie with LED flash
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: Daul Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Battery: Built-in 5000 mAh battery with 7.75W charger
Galaxy A02 Price in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy A02 is available in Denim Black, Denim Blue, Denim Red and Denim Gray colors with a spiral-patterned back panel.
The device is now available in Nigeria and few other African countries. In Nigeria for example, pricing are as follows;
- 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM goes for N42,500
- 3GB RAM + 64GB ROM goes for N50,500