Earlier this year, Samsung announced a Galaxy A32 5G smartphone, and now the company has brought an alternative version for LTE-only markets. The phone is called simply Samsung Galaxy A32 and is already on sale in Russia.
The differences between the two is beyond network support – the biggest change is the Helio G80 chipset substitutes the Dimensity 720. The 4G option also comes with a new screen, an improved main camera and a better selfie shooter.
The Samsung Galaxy A32 has an Infinity-U display with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED panel on the front with Full HD+ resolution. The front-facing camera, tucked in the waterdrop notch has a 20MP sensor and f/2.2 lens, but no autofocus. Underneath the screen the fingerprint scanner, with the whole ensemble been protected by a Gorilla Glass 5 sheet.
On the back has the same looks – three shooters with their lenses protruding and no islands whatsoever. The Galaxy A32 brings a 64MP main cam vs 48MP for the 5G version, while the other three remain the same – 8MP ultrawide units and a couple of 5MP sensors for depth and macro.
The battery is 5,000 mAh with 15W fast charging capabilities through the USB-C port. The phone runs the One UI 3.1 out of the box, which is based on Android 11.
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, February 25
- Status: Available. Released 2021, February 25
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 73.6 x 8.4 mm (6.26 x 2.90 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 184 g (6.49 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5)
- Colors: Awesome Black, Awesome White, Awesome Blue, Awesome Violet
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 90Hz, 800 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 11, One UI 3.0
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/120fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Models: SM-A325F, SM-A325F/DS
Galaxy A32 4G Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy A32 GB has 4GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of storage. Pricing in Russia is RUB19,990 ($268/€220) and RUB21,990 ($295/€240).
You have about three color options to pick from and they are Awesome Violet, Awesome Black, Awesome Blue.