The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), which is part of the Ministry of Information, Communications and Arts of Singapore, has approved a new Poco smartphone with the model number M2012K11AG, which matches the standard version number of Redmi K40. The device supports fifth-generation networks.
Redmi has announced the base K40 model based on the Snapdragon 870 with a 48MP camera and the Redmi K40 Pro and K40 Pro + based on the Snapdragon 888 with improved 64MP and 108MP cameras, respectively.
The smartphones has received 6.67-inch Super AMOLED screens with a 120 Hz refresh rate and a 360 Hz touch sampling rate. They also received batteries with a capacity of 4520 mAh with support for 33-watt charging.
Redmi K40 Pro received support for Wi-Fi 6E, infrared port, stereo speakers with support for Dolby Atmos sound enhancement technology, dual-band GPS module, NFC, as well as IP53 dust and moisture protection.
Redmi K40 / K40 Pro/ K40 Pro+ Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K40 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- K40 Pro & Pro+ – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- Rear Cameras:
- K40 – 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40-Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro+ – 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint Sensor: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB: Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 196g
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro); Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery and Charging: 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging