Infinix has launched the Infinix Smart 5 in India. The global version of the smart 5 smartphone was released back in August but now the Shenzhen-based company has announced a new version for the Indian market. It has arrived as a rebranded version of the Infinix Hot 10 Play in Africa.
The Indian Infinix Smart 5 has a larger 6.82-inch IPS LCD, beefier 6,000 mAh battery and is running on MediaTek’s Helio G25 chipset. Here is all information on its specifications, features, and price.
The Infinix Smart 5 sports a 6.82-inch screen with a teardrop notch. It supports HD+ resolution of 720 x 1,640 pixels, a 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 440nits brightness and a 1500:1 contrast ratio. The phone supports a screen space of 90.66 percent. The phone boots to XOS 7 UI based Android 10 OS.
The Smart 5 has an Helio G25 chipset and 2 GB of RAM as the driving force. It draws power from a 6,000mAh battery that promises 50-days of standby time. The phone ships with a native storage of 32 GB and it has a microSD card slot for more storage.
The Infinix Smart 5 has a front camera of 8-megapixel. The rear-facing camera module has a 13-megapixel main camera, a secondary depth assist lens, and an LED flash. For security, it also features a fingerprint scanner and AI face unlock support. Its other features include dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Infinix Smart 5 (India)
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2021, February 11
- Status: Exp. release 2021, February 18
- Dimensions: 171.8 x 78 x 8.9 mm (6.76 x 3.07 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 207 g (7.30 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Aegean Blue, Morandi Green, Obsidian Black, Purple
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 440 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.82 inches, 110.5 cm2 (~82.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels (~263 ppi density)
- Android 10 (Go edition), XOS 7
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G25 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, AF
- Secondary unspecified camera
- Features: Quad-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Infinix Smart 5 Price in India
The Infinix Smart 5 comes in four colors like Obsidian Black, Aegean Blue, Morandi Green, and Purple. Retail is set at INR 8,999 ($123) though initial sales come with a 20% discount equaling to an INR 7,199 ($98) starting price. First sales are scheduled to begin on February 18.